Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't think we see enough posts on gun boards about the times a company treated us RIGHT, so here's the story of my recent dealings with Burris Optics. I've had the Fastfire 3 on my Springfield Range Officer for about 2 years. It's stood up to almost 5000 rd of 45 ACP with never a problem. The other day I started shooting it, and I thought there was some junk on the glass. I went to clean it, and saw that it wasn't dirt, but a whole series of cracks and conchoidal chips along the bottom of the glass. When I tried shooting it I was suddenly over a foot low at 25 yd, as the glass was now slightly loose. So, I packed it up and shot another gun. No idea if I might have banged the sight on something, but I wasn't aware of anything.
When I got home I emailed Burris. They emailed less than an hour later with a return authorization, and I sent it back the next day. They said 1-3 week turnaround time. 4 days later they emailed that they were sending me a brand new sight. Got it today, a sealed package with all the accessories and a new battery. So, 7 days from the time I first contacted them I have a new sight. I had to pay to ship it, but they paid return shipping. Their warranty is for life, no receipt needed, no questions asked, and it continues to a new owner. I was so impressed that I've already bought another identical FF3, which will be going on my S&W 686 5".

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
Now THAT is the way to treat a customer.
If only Taurus saw and implemented this type of customer service.

(let the storm begin in 3...2...1)

Reactions: tda271
1 - 2 of 2 Posts