Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
31,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Overnight burglary leaves man in serious condition
Posted: Apr 17, 2012 6:22 AM CDTUpdated: Apr 17, 2012 10:23 AM CDTBy Sara Milligan - email

LUBBOCK,TX (KCBD) -A robbery in South Lubbock has left one person in serious condition. Police responded to a home in the 2300 block of 58th Street just before midnight on Monday.
Police say Alexander Nachenberg, 22, broke the glass to the front door of 2325 58th and entered the residence through the broken glass.
The intruder yelled at the residents then suddenly fled the home, according to police. He ran across the street to 2326 58th where he forced open the front door and entered the residence. He encountered the resident, Dustin Horne, who was armed with a handgun. Nachenberg fled the home.
An officer arrived, located the suspect in the street and arrested him.

As officers tried to bring the arrestee under control, they say he resisted and kicked officer LePage in the face. The man was taken to UMC and treated for serious injuries he sustained from the broken glass.
He is currently still at UMC. He is under arrest and charged with two counts of Burglary, Assault on a Peace Officer, Resisting Arrest, and Resisting Transport.

·
Super Moderator
17,623 Posts
It's Lubbock, I think both the resident with the handgun and the police officers showed remarkable restraint. He's lucky he's not dead.

·
Administrator
39,480 Posts
I wonder how many of his injuries, were the result of falling down repeatedly during his arrest? As I recall, back in the day, criminals have the tendency, you know, to stumble and fall a lot. :D

·
Registered
6,566 Posts
Those dogs that ran in front of my car were HELL on the morons in the back seat! :D

I mean, theoretically. I would've never been caught being so mean to poor, misunderstood people. :angel:

Power to the people!

Seriously, what kind of nutjobs do y'all have over there in Texas? Here in Aladamnedbama, our burglars break in steal stuff and then sneak off. I can't remember any case of a moron breaking in, screaming at the people, then running to another house!

·
Registered
10,614 Posts
We have the best kind here in Texas! Our nuts come in two forms - the ones who break into houses, scream at the occupants and then run off, and the ones who break into house and have their lights shot out by the home owner. Nothing but the best over here, by crackey! :D

·
Super Moderator
17,623 Posts
Those dogs that ran in front of my car were HELL on the morons in the back seat! :D

I mean, theoretically. I would've never been caught being so mean to poor, misunderstood people. :angel:

Power to the people!

Seriously, what kind of nutjobs do y'all have over there in Texas? Here in Aladamnedbama, our burglars break in steal stuff and then sneak off. I can't remember any case of a moron breaking in, screaming at the people, then running to another house!
Boys will be boys. Occasionally somebody gets themselves shot running around in the middle of the night beating on doors. Usually some yahoo that's so dumb he couldn't pour piss out of his boot if you wrote the instructions on the heel.

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
All occupations have their risks both mentally and physically and a criminal occupation usually leads to a greater degree of fatal risks.

I will admit even I was tempted one time when I was 18 or 20 years old and observed a guy flashing a roll of bills big enough to choke two or three horses while his "Squeeze" sported enough jewerly to seem like the "Royal English Jewels". They were "dressed to the hilt" in clothes that would have cost many people a couple of months wages. While we were leaving and walking through the parking lot we found them passed out drunk in a new Thunderbird. The Lord and my buddy whose dad was a police detective along with common sense helped me resist the temptation thankfully!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts