Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well...it is California.
There was another gun buyback in Solano County yesterday. A little over 600 guns were turned in to the police (amidst many reporters obviously) for disposal.
Some of the guns they showed on the news made me drool. The police were dismantling and cutting up the guns on the spot.
I'm sorry I just can't see destroying a $500 dollar 44 magnum they just turned in for $40!
If you want to do some good, sell it to a gun store and give the money to charity. It just turns my stomach.

Another story today was when a child's mother sent cupcakes to school for her son's birthday with those green plastic army men on top for decoration. The school called her and told her to take the toys off the cupcakes or take them back home. The principle of the school called her at home and said she should not be so "insensitive" because the toys had "guns" on them.
I think I'm going to throw up.
Are people really this NUTS????

·
Registered
15,002 Posts
Yeah! That truly is a bummer. But, as you stated, it is California!
And that story about the toy soldiers on the cupcakes has been discussed at length.

The whole place is crazy! :icon_rolleyes:

·
Registered
19,167 Posts
There is some of us that are not crazy, however I will not point fingers or name names.. ;)The rest of them are as crazy as a crackhouse rat..

·
Registered
120 Posts
Do they allow people to set up a booth in the next parking lot offering $100 per gun?

Reactions: BBGun
1 - 4 of 4 Posts