Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Super Moderator
40,796 Posts
Better hold on to your brass, unless you got way more then you need. Primers look like they may be slowly coming back as well. Gun store I stopped in today had several thousand in, price was a little high $42.00/1000 so I passed. But at least he got some in.

Reactions: TexasAviator

·
Registered
16,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
He had 2 boxes, but I only have 473 primers, so I left the other box for somebody else.
I still want to sell the 1000 cases.

·
Registered
16,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I loaded up 4 to try.
4.0gr. HP-38 and OAL 1.130"
Test fired fine, cycled fine.
Yes, I searched for a load for 125gr LRN.

Yeah, the box says 124gr, but I random sampled them and they are 125gr. +-.2gr.

·
Supporting SuperModerator
16,466 Posts
Good find, the extra $7 kind of covered the freight and wait time in your favor, by my calculations. Oh and here's what I think of people bragging about their finds, while I'm starving.
Line art Clip art Black-and-white Coloring book

Reactions: 20361

·
Registered
16,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
While I wasn't a big fan of lead bullets, after having to clean the lead out of the barrel after those 7 rounds I tried from BBGun, I just took a look through the barrel after 4 rounds of these and all I see is powder residue.
I'll check again after another 20 rounds or so.
My first batch of 50.

Ammunition Metal Gun accessory Bullet Games

·
Super Moderator
40,796 Posts
While I wasn't a big fan of lead bullets, after having to clean the lead out of the barrel after those 7 rounds I tried from BBGun, I just took a look through the barrel after 4 rounds of these and all I see is powder residue.
I'll check again after another 20 rounds or so.
My first batch of 50.

View attachment 51654

They look good. The price was not bad considering you would have had to pay shipping. When I order lead I make sure they ship flat rate and I max out my weight limit to get the best out of shipping. IIRC 2000 9mm and 1000 .45acp is just under the weight limit.

·
Super Moderator
40,796 Posts
Saved the website, wish they also had .32 bullets. I like to find suppliers that carry all the calibers I reload to help keep down the shipping cost.

·
Registered
16,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I stole this pic from their site.
The shelf in the middle is the reloading stuff.
It looked nothing like that when I bought the bullets.
1 bottle of some kind of powder and 3 boxes of bullets, nothing else.
Product Retail Building Convenience store Bookselling

Well, at least I feel better about my ammo supply now.
Over 550 rounds of 9mm., 450 of that the lead bullets I bought, ran out primers.
The rest is XTP reloads and Hydra-Shok.

·
Registered
20,098 Posts
I'm finding 9mm fmj, plated and lead most visits to Grafs. They are usually 124/125s. I'll toss up to 4 pounds in a FedEx Priority Mail small box for cost + $6 for shipping. I'm in the shop a couple of times a week.
Lead hard cast is Suters Choice (8-9, 100)
plated = Berry (11-12, 100)*
fmj = Hornady (13-14, 100)*
iirc

*usually rn, some are fn

·
Registered
4,046 Posts
I loaded up 4 to try.
4.0gr. HP-38 and OAL 1.130"
Test fired fine, cycled fine.
Yes, I searched for a load for 125gr LRN.

Yeah, the box says 124gr, but I random sampled them and they are 125gr. +-.2gr.
That is one of my favorite loads in 9mm LRN 124-125 gr bullet as well as the same O.A.L. that you have. I get mine though a couple thousand at a time from either Quality Cast or Friendswood Bullets on line. Done a few orders over the years and always been pleased. I actually picked up a 1000 125 gr L-FN to try out also in 9mm which is the same load and O.A.L also.

·
Registered
16,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I tried searching again for a safe load, closest I could find was at Hodgdon site for a 125gr. LCN.
3.9gr HP-38 OAL 1.125" 1009FPS
4.4gr HP-38 MAX Load 1089FPS

So I guess my load is A-OK.

·
Super Moderator
42,035 Posts
Hooray! I got my email notification of my 2,000 230gr FMJ RN bullets from Precision Delta. I placed the order on 1/31/13 and should receive by 3/27/13...pretty close to 8 weeks after order.

It might be time to get another order on the books. :rolleyes:

Reactions: jwc007
1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.