Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone,

My new 809 should be here today, assuming it came into my LGS. Knowing that I'd be shooting this a lot in the next few week or so, plus shooting IDPA,I wanted to get a couple of more mags. I ordered 2 Taurus bran mags from CheaperThanDirt, and they came yesterday. Last evening I figured I'd go ahead and load them up to give the springs sometime to loosen up. I was surprised I was able to get the full 17 rds into both mags with just a little extra effort, a lot less than I expected.

After I got the rds in, I noticed a rattle, almost like some of the bullets were moving in the magazine and tapping the sides or the front. This occured with both magazines. Before loading them I checked to make sure they weren't all gooped up with grease, and they were clean. Anyone else experienced this/know how to cure it, or is it just a quirk I can ignore?

I searched before posting this and I can't seem to find anyone else that has the issue. Thanks ahead of time

·
Registered
475 Posts
I have run across a lot of people that have ammo rattle in mags. over the last 5/6 yrs. Seems to happen to the mags for a lot of firearms. Personally both My XD and XDM have mags that rattle sometimes with a full load of ammo(ammo brand doesn't seem to matter). If I load 1 rnd short they don't rattle. I also have a few 1911 mags that rattle at times. Also my wife's 24/7 9mm, the 17 rnd mags will rattle at times.

·
Banned
3,798 Posts
This common for many firearms.

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
My 809 and Kahr CW390 rattle slightly but don't effect performance, so I don't pay it any attention.

·
Registered
9,194 Posts
A little bullet rattle isn't really a bad thing, all of mine rattle no matter the brand. A slight bit of play can be beneficial if say the mag dropped into the mud, if the situation forces you to use that mag then there's enough room for the rounds to still move up and not be jammed by debrib.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
A little bullet rattle isn't really a bad thing, all of mine rattle no matter the brand. A slight bit of play can be beneficial if say the mag dropped into the mud, if the situation forces you to use that mag then there's enough room for the rounds to still move up and not be jammed by debrib.
I agree, and the same principle applies to the slide wiggle/rattle.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
I get rattle on a fully loaded 809 magazine. Gun still shoots like a freaking dream. If it shoots good, I wouldn't worry about it unless your rattle changes...

·
Registered
10,614 Posts
Common in all my magazines! Don't worry! Be happy! :D

·
22,815 Posts
All I know is that every Taurus bran magazine I've ever used has produced very regular operation.

Yes, lots of magazines will rattle a bit.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts