Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
good day

may i ask if you have any feedback regarding bul cherokee full size 9mm. ?

i have heard that it was manufactured in Israel, so i suppose the quality isnt that bad.

And also, i have been searching thru the internet with regards to Bul cherokee website but to no avail. pls help.

thanks

·
Administrator
40,361 Posts

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
i dont know a thing about them but they sure look nice.....and yes robby that stock setup is strange,you need one for the judge.lol

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
That stock reminds me of the detachable Glock ones.

BUL was the supplier of the original Kimber polymer frame 1911's many years back.

Overall, if it fits your hand I'd give it a shot. The only thing I'd be leary of is availability of spare mags. If you get one and like it, order a bunch of spares so you have them

Steelheart

·
Registered
751 Posts
High dollar handgun.
Few things I found on it was 1500+
I was excited briefly seeing a distributor in Piggott

·
Premium Member
11,246 Posts
It looks alot like the EAA Products

·
Administrator
18,273 Posts
CJS3 said:
It looks alot like the EAA Products
You are Correct! It looks very much like a Polymer framed Tanfoglio based CZ Clone, similar to what EAA imports. Tanfoglio has long had an liscensed arrangement with Israeli Military Industries for producing pistols from Tanfoglio Parts and Castings. Tanfoglio has the same/similar arrangement in other countries and those Pistols are also being imported here.

Looks like they did a nice job in the design. The shoulder stocked version will not be importable under current Law, but the regular version will be.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks all for your feedback.... my reservation for the bul cherokee is now on process.

may i ask if those competition scope sight would fit the bul cherokee? ( red dot )... or can we put compensator on the said gun?

thanks again.

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
be careful about adding a shoulder stock to the gun my understanding is anything shot from the shoulder is classified as a long gun, so you would have to have it SBR, short barreled rifle stamped other wise it would be illegal combination.

if i misunderstand the law please correct me.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
You are correct anything with a stock that has a barrel length of less that 16" will be considered a short barreled rifle. The few exceptions are black powder pistols and certain pistol stock combinations that are designated as curios and relics. The few I have seen that were legal to own without a tax stamp were navy lugers and broom handle mauser pistols that were made before the 1938 gun control act. But the burden of proving your pistol was made before that year is on the owner. So until certain laws are repealed you will have to do some paperwork.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Bul used to make the Polymer high cap 1911 for Kimber. There is rumor that is who Charles Daly is going with, because they have parted ways with Armscor.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
hi.. the only problem i got for my bul cherokee was the slide is so stiff.... my wife can't even cock it.

may i ask if you guys can help me with this ? is there any way we can soften it?

other than that, the gun is extremely great... have fired more than a 500 rds on it with FMJ.

thanks all !

·
Administrator
35,626 Posts
Looks like there are actually two of them - a regular model which has 17+1, and the "T" model that is 15+1. They look nice.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My Bul is polymer framed. I live in Israel and bought it new here for 3000 shekels appr. 760 US$. 5 year guarantee on all polymer. the stock was 750 shekels. or 190$... all in all, a very reliable investment. i'm pleased.

·
Premium Member
11,246 Posts
I saw a compact model with polymer frame at Academy for $449. I'm thinkin I "need" a new shootin iron, even if it's plastic.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts