Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone fired Buffalo Bore ammo in their TC? Impressions? Good? Bad? No wanting to use as a steady diet but as a carry round. But before using as a carry round I want to try a few. Just a little leery about the power.

·
Registered
37,206 Posts
Well its listed as 380 Plus P as is a couple of other manufactures, which is not really true.
There is no Plus P pressure rating for the 380 so it can't be plus P.
what it appears to be is a 380 loading that is very,very near the top presuure rating that is safe for the 380 cartridge.
This is designed for modern strong locked breech 380's, which the TCP 738 is, there are so many 380 pistols over the years that are not good qulaity that it certainly might not be safe in those however.
I personally do not use it or corbins ammo as there have been several reports of guns being damaged by these ammunitions.
now i do not nor have i seen this its simply reports on the web and different forums.
A 38 super site that i visit at times noted in an ammunition test of several companies that both Buffalo and corbin showed extreme signs of pressure in the 38 super, so thats enough for me to stay away.
its a decision that you must make as its your gun.
To me I had rather use a standard pressure round that i know will work all 6-7 shots than to have a magic super power round that may disentergrate of malfunction the weapon on the first shot.
In the end it may be best if you are not comfortable with the power of the 380 to simply move to a 9MM, its got twice the energy of the 380.

Reactions: Ranch Dog

·
Registered
73 Posts
I would be worried about control. I have read reviews of people using Buffalo Bore in the TCP/LCP/BG and all said it was a very "hot round" with alot of punch. I have not, however" read about it breaking the gun

·
Registered
3,822 Posts
Having fired corbon in my TCP, i can attest to the fact that you will not enjoy the shooting experience.......The TCP is capable, but your hand wont like it after a bit....

·
Registered
37,206 Posts
Having fired corbon in my TCP, i can attest to the fact that you will not enjoy the shooting experience.......The TCP is capable, but your hand wont like it after a bit....
I can imagine!
theres a lot of difference in ergomonics, weight and something to hang on to with a bersa 380, a walther 380 or a beretta 380 than these lil pocket pistols.
I carry a Sig 238 and even though its the same size as the TCP/LCP/Kel tec it weighs a couple ounces more and its a world of diffence in shooting self defense power ammo with it and the poly framed pocket 380's.

·
Registered
6,011 Posts
Buffalo Bore is known for extreme ammo speeds and pressures and I do not think is a subscriber to SAAMI.

Folks always seem to think bigger and more powerful is better.

The only +P ammo I have bought in years is in .38 special, and I usually only shoot those in a .357 magnum.

Reactions: olfarhors
1 - 8 of 8 Posts