Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a gun at buds guns, I made the order on the 29th. Was told it would be shipped from 3 to 7 days. I am now in the sixth day and called and was told it would not ship till next week sometime. I also took a day off work to get my gun because when I ordered it I was told that the mag could not ship with the gun and it would ship USPS and the gun UPS. I got a shipping notification with tracking for UPS.

Nothing in the email that said it was for the mag. I assumed from the information that I was given that it was the gun so I waited a whole day with nothing coming in. I checked the shipping number at the end of the day and it said that it had shipped to my door. I then knew they shipped the mag to me by UPS. I also called and found that they have not shipped my gun and since I have moved and will not be here past a another week this puts the gun coming in past when I leave if they do not ship as the buds service personnel told me. This puts the gun shipping past 12 days after order. I was assured it would ship with in 3 to 7 days no problem. I told Buds to cancel the order and was told that they would do it but its a 10% fee. LOL Really?

Buds can't ship within the time they promised and then wants to charge me for their inability to keep to the time they promised. If they told the truth that they would ship when they shipped and you just have to wait and I agreed that would be fine. But They have been very unhelpful and as I type I am on hold getting bumped to someone who supposedly can tell me something different. LOL I have a gun ready to ship with in two days from another dealer for about 6 dollars more. Conclusion? If you can wait and don't care buy from buds I guess, but if you need to keep to a schedule and want customer service don't buy from Buds guns.

I just got off the phone with the supervisor at buds. He said that this gun is going to be a while before they can get it out. That its back ordered. LOL While I was waiting on line I was listening to the propaganda and it said that if its not available it will be marked on the web sight. Well its still marked in stock. Not very happy with buds guns.
I told them to end the order and he did say he would end it with out a 10% fee. But he needs the credit card and its the Buds GE card that I do not have. LOL The one that it gives you instant credit and adds the option to the order, now I have to call GE to find out the information if they even will give it to me over the phone to get it credited back. What a cluster foxtrot.

I ordred the gun from another place and paid the 10 extra to get next day delivery. She was very helpful and said that it would go out in two days. Its Oneclickshooting.com.

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Sorry to hear of your experience w/Bud's. I have not ordered from them as of yet, but most folks here at the forum are pretty happy with the service. I hope this is a rare occurrence....

·
Registered
31,694 Posts
No matter how good a company may be about inventory control and shipping, once they turn loose of something, Murphy's law can still take place, a recall the morning they were to ship, a gun theft ring within Fed Ex or UPS, Identity theft. There are plenty of Murphy's laws that can apply to online purchases and companies.

bio.jbtfsplk.jpg

·
Registered
145 Posts
I agree....Bud's sucks! I ordered my 24/7 G2 .45 on 2/14/12....received it on 3/1/12. THAT'S 2 1/2 WEEKS FOR AN IN-STOCK GUN! And the thing that mostly sucks is they don't tell you their timeline until AFTER you order and it's too late to cancel w/out the 10% fee. On top of that...when you do find out what their timeline is for "processing" and "shipping" and "collecting dust on their desk somewhere" they tell you that "most orders move quicker than this thru the process"....well NOT MINE! They say the ONLY way to get orders shipped within a few days is to pay $25 to be a VIP member....and their rep's just read their website to you on the phone....NEVER AGAIN!

·
Registered
515 Posts
Sorry for your pain - but if you want to be assured you don't have to wait, I would skip on-line ordering all together & go to your local gun shops to purchase. Sure, it may cost more - especially with tax to be considered - but you'll hold the gun you're buying & can get it right away (depending on your state laws).

If you want to save some money you can go the on-line ordering route - but know that since you didn't have it in your hand when you whipped out your card to pay, you run the risk of having to wait a while.

·
Registered
10,614 Posts
This is why I buy local. I know Bud's has great prices, but...... How much is your time worth?

Besides, I'm kind of an instant gratification sort of guy! :)

·
Registered
145 Posts
I would have much preferred to buy local....but no one...and I mean NO ONE in my area had a 24/7 G2 Compact...much less knew what it was. In fact the local shop I buy used long guns from all the time referred me to buds because he said he couldn't order the 24/7 for a price anywhere close to buds....so the LGS referred me to buds! I did have the cash....but no one had it in stock around here....

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
Sorry to hear about the troubles, but having many orders through Bud's, I must concur with Jake about Murphy's Law. Without all the details, it seems like there could have been some problem with the CC processing, since it was new account. Also, if you pay with an E check, that too must 'clear' before the shipping process starts. I find the account updates, when you log into your account online, quite good. I've had orders delivered before the web info was even updated, and I am not a VIP member. If a LGS has an item 'in stock', and a comparable price, I will even pay a little more for the personal service, which does typically help keep Murphy out of the transaction. I'm not trying to give you guys a hard time, nor make excuses for Bud's, "Bad is Bad", but as Taurus-types, we should be a little more sensitive about bashing an entire organization over a few glitches. Just my .02

·
Super Moderator
40,391 Posts
Edit: Sorry missed where they were not going to charge you the 10% fee.

Cancel the order, document everything they promised and the dispute the 10 % charge with the credit card company. They did not hold up on their end of the transaction. Go to Bud's website and print the page showing it in stock and save with your documentation.

If I cancelled the order because I no longer wanted it or could not afford it then I would eat the 10%. Fair is fair.

Good Luck.

·
Registered
24,960 Posts
I ordered a RIA two tone from CenterFire Systems on the 26th. of Dec. I still don't have it. I call every Monday Weds. and Friday. I'm in no hurry though, the gun was sold at a great price and I'll out wait them.

Has anyone noticed, there's a buying frenzy out there. It doesn't help get your gun any quicker, but we need to take a deep breath.

I don't know this to be fact, so I'm assuming this. Bud's used to stock all the guns they sold. Now, with the volume, I'd believe they're getting them drop shipped from the distributor's. It's the only way I can see where they'd maintain some sanity.

·
Registered
515 Posts
I would have much preferred to buy local....but no one...and I mean NO ONE in my area had a 24/7 G2 Compact...much less knew what it was. In fact the local shop I buy used long guns from all the time referred me to buds because he said he couldn't order the 24/7 for a price anywhere close to buds....so the LGS referred me to buds! I did have the cash....but no one had it in stock around here....
Well, I hope you get your gun from OneClickShooting on time. I can see why you are frustrated; but it does appear that Bud's is cancelling your order without a charge - which is what they should do, considering they don't have it in stock after they told you it was.

I've never ordered a gun online. Just wondering - is there an option to call & confirm the item is in stock when you buy? Not that it would make a whole lot of difference I guess. I work in a manufacturing plant, & I can tell you there are MANY times we show an item in stock only to find out later it was pulled & someone didn't update the system right away, or the quantity was entered wrong to begin with, or - & this happened recently - the item was promised by someone immediately after someone else sold it & it wasn't caught for days, etc.

To be honest, I have read a few complaints about Bud's but way more compliments & I would still give them a shot. I guess I wouldn't blame you if you didn't & I hope it works out OK.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Sounds like the OP's transaction was all SNAFUed from the get-go. I hate it when things go that badly wrong. I have to add though, that I've bought 21 guns from Bud's and each transaction went smoothly. No delays, no surprises.

·
Registered
34,138 Posts
This thread is border on Bashing. That is a violation of the guidelines. Please just tell your story or reply to a post with out the hyperbole. If the bashing continues this thread will be locked.

Reactions: Czechbikr

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
I was not happy with my last purchase from buds also.

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
I've bought 6 guns from Bud's with no problem. One gun a special order took 3 months but due to the maker not Bud's.

·
Premium Member
10,958 Posts
I think the lesson here is when buying online, you're taking a chance on merchandise unseen. The only time I've made an online firearms purchases were for C&R weapons. As a FFL holder you get treated very differently than a regular consumer. I've also never seen an online price that I couldn't find locally, after adding in S&H and transfer fees. Not in stock? If the LGS in Texas don't have them, it's because the manufacturer is behind on shipments, it doesn't exist, or the store is run by elitest gun snobs that don't order that brand. I know where, and where not to go, to find what I want.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Sorry guys but I disagree about using the local dealer. I purchased all three Tauruses online from Centerfire and Jetguns. No taxes, no CC fees, and free shipping. Plus they killed all local dealers on the price. I'll keep dealin online.

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
Sorry guys but I disagree about using the local dealer. I purchased all three Tauruses online from Centerfire and Jetguns. No taxes, no CC fees, and free shipping. Plus they killed all local dealers on the price. I'll keep dealin online.
I've also bought from Centerfire as well as Bud's. Both are local for me so I pickup direct from them. I simply order what is on line only and pickup at their shops other wise I buy there. I've also bought others things from both and had them send directly to me again never a problem with either. I will have to check out Jetguns as I seemed to of missed that one.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts