Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a couple ARs I put a Ruger Elite lower with a Palmetto State Armory Freedom MOE upper. It is a great shooting carbine. Then for my birthday the wife went to Bass Pro and bought me a Cabela's tactical 1 to 4 scope. So I take it to the state gun range Sunday and it's hotter than "heck" out and I ran 4 rounds though it at 25 yards then moved it to 50. Heck it made one ragged hole with 10 rounds! It was so hot I only ran 40 (20 m193 and 20 handloaded 55 gr Hornady FMJ) rounds through it but I'm impressed.
Next trip I think I'll see how it stacks up to the Ruger MPR with a Nikon on it.

·
8,553 Posts
Thanks for the range report. I did some shooting this weekend as well. Over 100degrees , but I waited until late in afternoon to enjoy the shade. Still shot 4 guns and spent an hour and a half out there. Drank lots of water.
New Beretta M9 - 150 rounds of flawless fun
New Ruger Talo 7 shot GP100 - what a "Piece Of Garbage" - has the 7 shot cylinder manufacturing issue, ammo hard to load and had to use a range rod to knock out spent casings, gave up after running 3 diff types of 357. Then horrible accuracy , found the barrel crown poorly done. Back to Ruger it went. A flipping $680 revolver that should never had made it out the door.
ATI 45 commander trying out new grips, shot as good as a 1911 should.
Ruger SR9C my main carry piece, just a quick 4 mags to verify it still functions, this little compact is one of my most accurate striker pistols.

·
Registered
18,376 Posts
Looks like a great shooting rifle! Enjoy.

As for the heat, maybe I should point my GoPro at me while participating in the various shooting matches I'm doing during the Florida summer heat! Yea it's hot!

·
Registered
4,703 Posts
You do know, though, for some of us more mundane folk, that calling a Ruger Elite lower a "budget" AR is like calling a Lexus a "budget" car...Sure, the Lexus isn't a Bugatti but it ain't cheap either.

:D

Reactions: william

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You do know, though, for some of us more mundane folk, that calling a Ruger Elite lower a "budget" AR is like calling a Lexus a "budget" car...Sure, the Lexus isn't a Bugatti but it ain't cheap either.

:D
I consider when you get a complete lower for what some pay for a trigger group, I call that budget! LOLOL!!! I am a cheap bastage in me old age. LOL

1 - 6 of 6 Posts