Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
12,088 Posts
Huh? Can someone translate that to English?

Reactions: tucker368

·
Registered
24,593 Posts
Gobbledegook.

·
Registered
14,786 Posts
Basically it says if you use Internet explorer as a browser, you've got a security hole.

·
Supporting SuperModerator
14,937 Posts
:) mac :)

·
Registered
17,062 Posts
Imagine.........A Microsoft product having a security issue.
Haven't used IE in years.

·
Registered
27,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
What do you have to hide? Your government overseers need to protect you. That means that encryption is a bad thing. The NSA told me so:

NSA director defends plan to maintain 'backdoors' into technology companies | US news | The Guardian
NSA Director Defends Maintaining Backdoors in Americans? Software -- News from Antiwar.com
https://www.bestvpn.com/blog/14176/nsa-director-defends-development-of-backdoors-by-tech-companies/

Not directly related, but a definite issue that comes up from more bad policy.

·
Registered
27,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What do you have to hide? Your government overseers need to protect you. That means that encryption is a bad thing. The NSA told me so:

NSA director defends plan to maintain 'backdoors' into technology companies | US news | The Guardian
NSA Director Defends Maintaining Backdoors in Americans? Software -- News from Antiwar.com
https://www.bestvpn.com/blog/14176/nsa-director-defends-development-of-backdoors-by-tech-companies/

Not directly related, but a definite issue that comes up from more bad policy.
Oh, that's directly related. If you read the links in the post right above yours, you will see that FREAK is a result of the back door policy.

Or were you pointing that out?

Reactions: TexasAviator

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Oh, that's directly related. If you read the links in the post right above yours, you will see that FREAK is a result of the back door policy.

Or were you pointing that out?
3 points for MadKaw -- not directly related (IE: not the RSA back door I linked) but indirectly related (same stupid policy)... I guess it's pretty dang close to directly related...

You get the idea. It's friday and my brain is fried.

·
Super Moderator
21,521 Posts
Hey WE ARE ON A GUN FORUM!!!! Does anyone think anyone of us is running a secure anything. If so I have a gold mine to sell you!!!!!

·
Registered
27,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Huh? Can someone translate that to English?
Gobbledegook.
Like listening to tech support. If I knew the speak, I wouldn't be talking to you.....now, where is this power button you're talking about?
The government insisted that the encryption used by browsers be purposely weakened (because they were exported). It happened so long ago that, even though the restriction has been lifted, people forgot that the weakness was built in.
Well, that weak encryption was exploited by some pretty bad folks and now people are going "oops!" and fixing it.

·
Premium Member
8,346 Posts
It has become amusing how secure Mac users feel when they are no more secure than anybody else.
True, and I'm a confirmed Mac user- have been for over a decade. The reason that relatively few hacks are reported for Macs is simply a reflexion of the very small number in use vs. PC's. I run the same level of security software that a 'responsible' PC user runs.

BTW, browser is just plain old Safari.

Reactions: MadKaw

·
10,379 Posts
Firefox had the vulnerability when I took the test on Friday, they released an update Friday afternoon and it no longer shows as vulnerable.

Yay open source!

·
Registered
29,765 Posts
Firefox had the vulnerability when I took the test on Friday, they released an update Friday afternoon and it no longer shows as vulnerable.

Yay open source!
I'll second open source! :D

Reactions: Wolf1477

·
Registered
27,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hey WE ARE ON A GUN FORUM!!!! Does anyone think anyone of us is running a secure anything. If so I have a gold mine to sell you!!!!!
Security is not a yes-no question. It is a spectrum. Everybody chooses a compromise between security and usability. The point of the reminder is to make your compromise wisely and maintain as much security as possible consistent with the usability you require.

Nor is the NSA the only one interested in compromising your security.(Heck, they may not be interested in you at all!) There are plenty of bad guys out there without their resources. There is no need to make it easy for them.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts