1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Super Moderator
36,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
One of the most disgusting acts I've ever witnessed in sports. What's even crazier is that I've spent the last couple days arguing with people on a football forum I belong to that you can indeed kill someone with a helmet wielded as a weapon and a blow taken to the bare unprotected head. I'm just as shocked to learn there are people that ignorant of physics and skull fractures with blunt objects, than I was to see the incident occur in the first place.

·
Super Moderator
36,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
One of the most disgusting acts I've ever witnessed in sports. What's even crazier is that I've spent the last couple days arguing with people on a football forum I belong to that you can indeed kill someone with a helmet wielded as a weapon and a blow taken to the bare unprotected head. I'm just as shocked to learn there are people that ignorant of physics and skull fractures with blunt objects, than I was to see the incident occur in the first place.
An NFL helmet can weigh between 3 and 5 pounds. Heavy enough to fracture a skull especially if swung by a guy as beefy as Garrett. (Height 6′ 4″, Weight 271 lbs)

·
Registered
17,062 Posts
Let me see, you get a bunch drug enhanced, spoiled catered to thugs
that couldn't count to 21 if they got naked and then people are shocked
when stuff like this happens.
Football disgusts me. I wouldn't watch the Superbowl if it was being held across
the street, I was given free tickets, free food, unlimited booze and some pretzels.

Reactions: glenwolde

·
Registered
6,458 Posts
He needs to be gone.

G.O.N.E.

Never to return, hope you picked a good major in college and actually earned that degree, G.O.N.E.

That kind of action has no place on the field.

Reactions: glenwolde

·
Super Moderator
17,707 Posts
Let me see, you get a bunch drug enhanced, spoiled catered to thugs
that couldn't count to 21 if they got naked and then ......
...pay them $20 million a year....

But if they had free booze I'd watch it. Until I passed out.

·
Super Moderator
17,707 Posts
He needs to be gone.

G.O.N.E.

Never to return, hope you picked a good major in college and actually earned that degree, G.O.N.E.

That kind of action has no place on the field.
More than one person has suggested he just be arrested for assault.

·
Super Moderator
21,536 Posts
That should be aggravated assault as he used a weapon to the head.

A helmet is a deadly weapon no different than a beer bottle!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14,803 Posts
In the NHL, they DO charge players that use equipment as weapons. This was a case of a coddled Prima Donna getting in a scuffle and losing his composure. Now to add to this, the QB Rudolf sat out last week's game after a concussion that knocked him out. I imagine the NFL will be paying a HUGE settlement to his estate in a few years due to CTE. If you want to get football back on track, remove the safety rules from the sport and make them act like gladiators again. THEN we will be entertained. Modify contracts to put 1/2 of their salaries in a trust for when they die from injuries and make it known that lifelong and/or fatal injuries are accepted as part of the sport.

·
Registered
4,191 Posts
I'm surprised there has been no formal criminal charges brought. Shouldn't matter who or where, or any other circumstances.

·
Premium Member
8,346 Posts
If I were the Comish-

Lifetime ban from the sport-
$1,000,000. in escrow for any future claim from Rudolph, his family, heirs, etc. Must be paid from any monies due him from the Browns-
If there is anything left, repay TA&M for any scholarship money. Also to be paid from any Browns money-

For the Browns, and any future franchise who fails to properly vet, council and supervise their draftees, loss of the highest draft pick for the following season. Until it costs the franchise ownership, these thugs will go unchecked.

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
Yes it was disgusting to watch and he should be banned. The Browns were head hunting the whole game, knocked out two Steeler receivers with concussions. Smith Shuster was hit helmet to helmet by 2 different Browns players at the same time, the other receiver was targeted, he was bleeding from his ear. Even Rudolph was hit in the head multiple times. It is the culture Greg Williams brought to Cleveland going back a couple years when he was the defensive coordinator and then the head coach last year.

·
Registered
18,811 Posts
Too bad Rudolph wasn't carryin' at the time, that would've been a good shoot on so many levels.

·
Super Moderator
36,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Too bad Rudolph wasn't carryin' at the time, that would've been a good shoot on so many levels.
That thought crossed my mind also.

Reactions: kschilk

·
Registered
31,905 Posts
Garret should be banned from professional sports of any kind for life.

·
Premium Member
4,206 Posts
Garrett has already been fined earlier this year for stupidity. The event was the talk of the stands at the OK State today, given Rudolph played there.

·
Premium Member
8,346 Posts
Well there's one player for Georgia that looks like he's all set to go pro- Ejected from the Georgia-Auburn game last night for targeting. Helmet-to-helmet blind side hit. Sign him up!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts