Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my cousin had three handguns given to him from his rich DDay prepper boss.From what I see they are 2 hi powers with adjustable ramp rear sights and a slot in the backstrap to accept a holster buttstock. The other is a Ballester Molina 45ACP.Hes hounding me about how much theyre worth. Anyone have any ideas on the value of these.theyre all in firing condition and still have cosmoline all over them.one of the brownings looks like its never been shot at all.Im going to try to talk him out of it if he decides to keep them. Any suggestions on where to find the value of em

Attachments

·
Registered
5,348 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Gunbroker has three currently listed -- a real beater with several bids in and a price just over $300, and two others that range up to about $1600 asking price for one that looks really good and has ladder sights and stock. I don't know much about the value on these, but I know of a Nazi-marked Belgian Hi-Power in fair shape that sold at a local shop last year for north of $800.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does anyone know where I can find the history of the brownings with pics that detail the stamps on em?? He says hes planning on keeping them and he wants to know if I want one of the brownings(which I do but cashflow is slow) he wants to do some trading but my dilemma is I have just the right amount of firearms and dont really need another 9mm but im torn because I know id love to own one,should I trade him something?Im sure these arent easy to find anymore and while im a history and a gun buff I just dont know what Id do with it.

·
Registered
12,331 Posts
According to wikipedia the Inglis models were manufactured in Canada from 1944-1945. And here's a page that covers the proof marks, and a WHOLE bunch of other info - Inglis Hi-Power

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you much my good man Beardslee it was quite helpful.

Reactions: dbeardslee

·
Registered
6 Posts
I don't know much about the value on these, but I know of a Nazi-marked Belgian Hi-Power in fair shape that sold at a local shop last year for north of $800.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Update

Well Ive got one of those brownings.Excellent handgun.It is a Browning 1 Mk 1 thats slotted for the shoulder stock. I just cleaned it up and am hoping to get some range time with it soon.It was given to me to give to my newest son Dylan(born 12 days ago)when hes older. It was a very nice present to recieve.

Attachments

Reactions: dbeardslee

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Congrats! Simply fantastic IMHO! What a fine firearm to own and be able to pass down to succeeding generations!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts