Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Browning 2000 12 ga. gas operated shotgun my late father bought in about 1975. It is still brand new and has never been fired, though I don't have the original packaging. It's in almost perfect condition except for a tiny spot next to the stock where the bluing is off color a bit. No rust anywhere, and has been kept clean, oiled and dry.
There are enough articles on the Internet that I know it's nothing special, but a decent gun. Hard to get parts for since it was only made for a short time.
I only have one barrel for it, but I'm not sure what it's chambered for - 3" or 2.75". I think it's probably the shorter shell, but would like to be sure. I understand that you can shoot short shells in the larger chambered gun, but it won't eject and shells must be ejected by hand.
Just wondered if anyone on the forum has any experience with this gun and your thoughts?
Should I keep it or do something else with it?
Thanks for your opinions!
Coypu

·
Registered
4,959 Posts
They are very nice guns the shell length and the choke should be stamped on the barrel IE 12ga 2.75 shells if I remember correctly left side above the forearm. Choke was also marked on barrel should be something like full mod. or ic also with most of them a 26 inch long barrel was ic choke a 28 was mod and a 30 was full. I dont have one any more and sometimes regret selling mine. Where in the midsouth are you located? If you are close enough and would like to get rid of it I may be interested

·
Super Moderator
17,735 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts