Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Congratulations on your fine acquisition! :clap:

I've never owned a Remington handgun, but am a really big fan of their long guns!

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
That is a nice looking gun, I hope you enjoy it.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Beautiful!

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
How much did that fine looking pistola set you back?

1.1 USA.gif

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
7 bills, local pawn shop had it for the same price academy did and it is the talo version. Plus I was able to put it on lay-away.

·
Banned
17,333 Posts
That's a classic pistol right there, enjoy!

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
We just can't get away from those 1911's. Beautiful piece. Enjoy.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Congrats and good luck with your new 1911. I've handled a couple of them at the LGS and they are beautiful. I'd have one today if I hadn't fallen into such a good deal on my PT1911. It will probably be my next 1911.

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Thanks for the report LP -- this is the first real user experience I have read on the Remy 1911. I like the looks of it too. They kept the classic Colt style with some practical upgrades. Now that their parent company has purchased Para-Ordnance, I wonder what other neat 1911s they will bring out? Make mine a .40 with the LDA trigger!

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
Enjoy it. Ibought one at our local gun show about 3 months ago. It will eat what ever you want to feed it. In one of my other posts ,I stated that my wife like it so much she wanted it. She does let me shoot it though..:)

·
Registered
36,101 Posts
Congrats on your new 1911.
Enjoy the beast!

·
Super Moderator
19,687 Posts
7 bills, local pawn shop had it for the same price academy did and it is the talo version. Plus I was able to put it on lay-away.
Damn fine shooting iron there. Good job. While I m amazed at the finish, not real clear on what "talo model" means. Looks like there are 2 models (of R1s) which hold 7 round mags and another model which handles an 8 round mag

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Talo is a distributor exclusive. Comes with the better grip panels and 8 round mags

·
Registered
9,166 Posts
Any day a new firearm comes home is a good day, especially if it's a 1911. Congrats to you.

·
Registered
36,101 Posts
Was down at the range today shooting a bit and the guy next to me had a new Remington R-1, I had my Taurus PT 1911 Duo-tone, a real looker in my opinion.
anyway we swapped out weapons for 2 - 3 magazines, the Remington ran flawlessly , the duo did as well.
after firing the first mag full out of the Duo tone, he just looked down at the gun and said "Damn", now this one has just a tad under 4 pound trigger pull, smoothed up and has a Hi viz front sight on it, so it shoots pretty darned good.
He was fascinated with the Raasco dymondwood grips on it and I told him of course where to find them.
thats about the third or fourth Remington that i have shot and all worked well, and were fairly smooth.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts