Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I brought my new Mil Pro PT-140 home this evening ;D I ended up with the stainless slide instead of the blue that I originally thought about. Gonna take `er out to the range this weekend and see how it goes. I also picked up a nylon holster with a pouch for an extra mag. This one should hold me until I get my CWP then I'll invest in a good one.

Funny story... I have a few tattoos- just started a half sleeve on my upper arm and I wear sleeveless shirts in the summer. So I stop in the local sheriff's office today on lunch and ask the nice `ol lady at the desk about the CWP. She explained to me about the class and the fees. She then proceeds to say 'now honey, the will do a thorough background check on you', while intently staring at the line work on my arm. :-\ After I explained that ink don't make a person evil and told her to ask around the dept. to see how many of the cops have art work, it opened up a whole new conversation... She told me about how 'tattooed people' frightened her, and then apologized for thinking that about me. ;D

·
32,790 Posts
Dusty. Now you are in trouble. ;D One range report please. Double spaced, in triplicate, 20,000 words or more..... on Flyer's desk by next Monday morning. Problem is..... we don't know where Flyer's virtual desk is and he keeps pulling up the welcome mat with his name on it. So when you have the time just give us some feedback. :) ;) ;D

·
Registered
625 Posts
Great to hear. definately give us some feedback.

Of course, with the tattoos, you may be too busy raping and pilaging to have time for a range session...

Todd

·
Registered
6 Posts
I hope you enjoy your PT140pro as much as I have mine. I have several handguns, but given appropriate attire, I always choose to carry my pt140. I have never had any failure with this handgun. A lot of what I shoot is reloads as well.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
DrDaveM said:
I hope you enjoy your PT140pro as much as I have mine. I have several handguns, but given appropriate attire, I always choose to carry my pt140. I have never had any failure with this handgun. A lot of what I shoot is reloads as well.
Me too DrDaveM. I am hoping to make it out to the range this afternoon and put a few holes in some paper.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, two weeks and I finally got to go to the range today. This little gun is brutal- checkering is a bit sharp. Lots of recoil and I like it ;D I put about 100 rounds down the pipe with absolutely no problems- zilch, zero, notta... One of the fixtures- I mean one of the guys that is at the range every day slipped me 25 of his reloads. I was first shooting Winchester FMJ(Wal-Mart 21.00 per 100) then I shot 10 of his. They were a lot stouter than the factory Win loads but felt the same as the CCI Blazer FMJ, but more consistent.

I do need to get used to these sights though, they are weird to me.

So far, I LIKE it ;D

·
32,790 Posts
Glad to hear that ,Dusty.
One caveat that is half serious and half in fun.

Beware Greeks,friends, or acquantances bearing gifts.

In the past I have had several shooting buddies who handed me their versions of extremely hot ammo and said to try it.Shotgun or handgun ammo were the "gifts". Reloading recipes being what they are, these all were way over pressure. Horrible flash,concussion, and unbearable recoil were the result. I had been assured that these were sensible loads. Yeah,riiiiiiight! :)

I should have guessed this when two of the types of ammo had bright red or blue marks on the cases. These guys used color codes to differentiate their loads.

Nobody was hurt ,nor did the guns blow up, but I will not shoot other's reloads anymore unless they are from an ammo company or someone I know who will load sensibly.

That could make for an intersting thread. Horror stories about other's reloading and the results. ;D :D :)

Seriously, if the recipes in the reloading manuals are followed, things should be okay. These weren't. :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I totally understand Qwiks. I know the old feller and trust him. He wouldn't do anything to jeopardize his safety or firearms so I will shoot his reloads any day(he loaded some 9mm that would shoot 3/4" groups at 50yds from my Hi-Point 995).

I just got finished thoroughly cleaning it and noticed that there seems to be a lot of wear already on the underside of the barrel. Is this normal???

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.