Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I broke the trigger spring on my 738, as it will not return to the forward position. I called CS and they are shipping a new spring.

Question - Has anyone replaced a trigger spring in a 738 that could offer some advice ?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I did that once. It's a simple task that is a hundred times harder than it should be. Get a good exploded view handy before you start; there are a few good disassembly threads here.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, Guys.

It would have been a lot less difficult if I had not removed the sear pin !
Since the sear and spring fell out before I realized it, I did not get a chance to look at the way it was installed.
Thanks to some of the post in other threads, I was able to get it back in correctly.

Since the spring broke after about 1500 rounds, I'm sure that I will be replacing it again soon, But now I know how to do it !

What a perfect opportunity to do a detailed cleaning

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just replaced my trigger spring yesterday too. Right about same number of rounds as you. Went ahead and changed recoil springs too. I wanted to change the sear spring but Taurus wouldn't sell me one. I think I'd like to change ALL the springs, as they seem kind of delicate. I know it's probably a liability thing with Taurus, but sell the parts, man. Aftermarket companies sell Every part for 1911s but I don't think theyll make parts for a gun like this. Not being able to get the parts I want will stop me from purchasing another one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts