Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to everyone as I'm new here! I just recently bought a PT-140 and love it. I took it to the range last night and had the magazine pop out 3 different times after firing. The magazine was not repeatedly falling out, however. Thinking that I maybe was hitting the mag release button, I changed my hold and it didn't come out again. Just to make certain that the mag release is not broken or chipped on my gun, is the magazine release supposed to have a 45 degree angle at the corner of it (looking up through the magazine well or down through it when the slide is open) or is it supposed to look square at the corner? I don't think mine is broken, but I thought I would check with someone more knowledgeable. Thanks again for everyone's input here at the forum--I've learned a ton so far reading past posts.

·
Administrator
40,562 Posts
I just looked at the mag release in my PT111 & PT145, and neither are square. Sounds like yours is normal and you cured your own problem. ;)

·
Registered
846 Posts
You got it, it's a common problem on these, you have to watch it. Yes I read allot also before I bought mine and watched myself closely until I got the hange of it. The Ms. had more problems with the PT140, but she got it down. Glad to see you didn't bash the gun. Get you a snap cap and practice dry fire, and watch yourself, and have someone watch you. And welcome :wave:

·
Registered
402 Posts
Welcome from the Land of Lincoln. I have to agree with the other guys, sounds like changing your grip has fixed the problem.

·
Registered
846 Posts
:thumb: nice to see a smart person.

·
Registered
4 Posts
There is a problem with the PT140 magazine catch/release, yes. Not sure why people would say it is a grip problem. IT is a known issue, not bashing anyone's Taurus. There is an easy to install replacement part that will fix the defect.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts