Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just 20 rounds fired and this happened. Spoke to ATI and I have to ship it back on my dime before they will send the replacement. Here are some pics:

·
Registered
959 Posts
Boy, I bet that Really CHAPS Your A$$ muttmutt...!!!...<:-((
BTW muttmutt, nice Pics of the Problem...

·
Registered
6,762 Posts
What gun is the stock on?

You do know that you aren't supposed to hit people/things with most non-military stocks right? They don't tend to take it very well.... :D

Steelheart

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
hipoint 995 (9mm) carbine replacement stock from ati.

wow i can't believe this. mine only has 120 rounds in it so far.. no signs of problem..

the stock feels extremely durable imo.. i ca'nt believe this happen.. the gun has little recoil.. must have had a servre defect when it was made.. amazing!

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is on a brand new Hi Point 995. I never even fired the gun until I purchased the stock. I think it must be a defect in manufacturing as I have never dropped or abused the gun in any way. It is headed back to ATI today.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Sorry to hear about your misfortune muttmutt. I ordered the same stock for my 995 and expect it to arrive tomorrow. Needless to say, I'll be checking out the trigger guard area with a magnifying glass as soon as I unwrap it.

On another note concerning the Hi-Point 9mm carbine....I received mine last Thursday and took it brand new in the box down the hall to the range. Usually I'll clean a weapon before firing it for the first time but I decided what the H#ll! It took several attempts before I could chamber the first round. The bolt didn't want to strip the first round out of the mags. After I finally got the first round to fire, everything worked as advertised. Was is a dirty weapon, shooter error or a magazine problem and should I be overly concerned?

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was having trouble with feeding on it as well but only got to fire 20 rounds before the stock broke. Cannot help you there.

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
rainman said:
On another note concerning the Hi-Point 9mm carbine....I received mine last Thursday and took it brand new in the box down the hall to the range. Usually I'll clean a weapon before firing it for the first time but I decided what the H#ll! It took several attempts before I could chamber the first round. The bolt didn't want to strip the first round out of the mags. After I finally got the first round to fire, everything worked as advertised. Was is a dirty weapon, shooter error or a magazine problem and should I be overly concerned?
my 995 will jam up if i try to manually cycle the gun..

chambering is'nt a problem on mine though and once it's firing no problems so far.

both my hi-points c9 pistol and 995 carbine both came with a pretty good lube job from teh factory..

*shurgs* i dont know what the problem was i took mine and fired them, did'nt clean them or anything.

·
Registered
384 Posts
muttmutt said:
I was having trouble with feeding on it as well but only got to fire 20 rounds before the stock broke. Cannot help you there.
Sorry muttmutt. I know how much of an aggrevation this must be. I hope ATI does the right thing and replaces your stock no questions asked.
joe sixpack said:
my 995 will jam up if i try to manually cycle the gun..

chambering is'nt a problem on mine though and once it's firing no problems so far.

both my hi-points c9 pistol and 995 carbine both came with a pretty good lube job from teh factory..

*shurgs* i dont know what the problem was i took mine and fired them, did'nt clean them or anything.
Once the first round FINALLY chanbered the next 29 (out of 30) cycled just fine using 3 different magazines. The 30th round was a stovepipe. I really can't complain about the 995. If I wanted perfection I would have spent $500 more and purchased a CX4. You get what you pay for.......

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
mine has extraction.. and more specificly ejection problems if i manually cycle it.. could simply be a tight chamber that will loosen up with firing.

the way i figure it's fires fine is because the case is pushing it's self out of the chamber rather then a extractor hooking it.

i've not tried to hand cycle since i first shot it.. i was just hand cycling it to see if the stock was ok.. i've heard it can bind up but mine seems fine in that reguard.

never fired a cx4 but ya i would'nt mind having one of those.. im very well pleased with the 160 bucks i paid for my hipoint.. cheap red dot and ati stock it's a neat little gun for less then 250..

it's very accurate.. so far reliable.. but only 120 rounds in it.

if it had hi cap mags it would be a great little tacticool gun..

·
Registered
384 Posts
joe sixpack said:
if it had hi cap mags it would be a great little tacticool gun..
Agree 100% Joe sixpack! ProMag makes a 15 round mag but all the reviews I've read say they are a POS. You can check them out at MidwayUSA.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts