Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I went to the range today to give my new 24/7 Pro DS ti a work out session. Less than 200 rounds into my shake down session I fired a round and felt something hard fall in to my firing hand from out of the trigger assembly. The pictures below are what fell out. It is hard to tell in the picture, but one side is sheared off. After I inspected it and realized it came from my pistol, I didn't fire another round. Anyone have a clue what this broken part is?

I forgot to mention that I dissambled my pistol to the cleaning point and I have not found the problem. I wish I had more time to look for the problem, but I have to leave tomorrow for about 3 weeks before I will be able to get home and investigate more.

·
Registered
61 Posts
If you're going to be gone I would contact Taurus and send it back to them so they can work on it while you're away. You might as well take advantage of the lifetime warranty and my experience with their customer service has been very positive.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Yep, send it in,-now. It'll be fixed and returned by the time you get home again.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Brutal can't image what broke.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, I returned this past weekend and finally made the call to Taurus. I was pleasantly pleased with customer service. Being on hold for a while did bother me, but they offered up overnight shipping paid for by them with out having to ask. Pistol will be vacationing in Miami on Tuesday. I cannot wait till it returns!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i bet they could save a ton of money if things would stop breaking,start to wounder? is in the parts or ?
I am unbiased as of yet. This is my first Taurus and it is unfortunate that it broke, but I am optimistic that it will come home fromm its vacation and never break again. I have heard of a lot of horror stories with Taurus, but at the same time, Taurus has a loyal following as good as does Glock. Time will tell if I become as Die Hard with Taurus as some. You are right, less broken parts and cheaper for Taurus.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My Taurus came back from its vacation in Miami and all the information that I received back was that they inspected it, fired it, and found nothing wrong. Um...so where did the sheared off piece of metal come from? I didn't fire it after the piece of metal fell into my hand. I certainly didn't want to test it out, especially being brand new. They tested it and I will continue to break it in for daily use.

Has anyone else run into something similar or like this with Taurus?

·
Registered
612 Posts
all the information that I received back was that they inspected it, fired it, and found nothing wrong. Um..
well that's a bad sign..

im no Gunsmith and I won't claim to be.
but deductive reasoning is a strong point of mine.. Seems to me that something non fire functioning slid down and got in the way of the slide during recoil and sheered it off. fell out through the trigger, so something either behind or directly in front of the hole from above.. here is a link to the manual w/ exploded view http://www.taurususa.com/pdf/pt-247-pro_ds.pdf'

I would call them back up and say, "i know something broke off in here and I don't feel safe!" They obviously didn't break it down 100%.. probably just field stripped it or checked 1 or 2 likely suspects.

good luck man.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I also looked through this manual in detail well before I called them. I can't find anything in the manual that looks like it. Now I know first hand that not all parts in a manual will look as the part in hand. I will probably call them because I sent the pin back with the pistol. I even left them the note saying the sheared off pin was in the little bag with the keys and allen key. What concerns me the most is that the sheared off pin was sent back to me in the same place it was the pistol was fed-ex'd to them. Guess more phone time with Taurus is needed. Thanks for the reply Jc85.

Anyone have any other suggestions?

·
Registered
612 Posts
you can continue to fire it until it explodes in your hand.. then you can sue and live on ez street for the remainder =) a few digits short.

probably not the best idea tho.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts