Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought one of the 1st generation 24/7's and broke it in this last weekend. Just thought I'd share what I thought. Right away I found out that I had to be very careful with the pistol because it scratches so easily. There are several scratches now on the pistol. I can't believe the finish is so weak. This is really the biggest let down for me about the gun. But I guess that's why taurus pistols are cheap. I noticed that the front fixed sight is off to the right and of course I shot to the left. I put the gun on a rest and tightened the groups up and its still off to the left about 1 to 2 inches. Not a huge deal I guess, it's not a target pistol. Now the good. Like I said I put it on the rest and the groups were very tight. I shot 1 clip of Remington Home Defense ammo and 3 clips of Remington UMC ammo and had no jams. The gun is balanced very well with a full clip. As I shot it got a little heavy on the end, but it is a long slide model. All and all I think its a good pistol for the money. If money wasn't an issue, I would buy something else. But I feel comfortable using this as a home defense gun.

·
Registered
12,331 Posts
I bought one of the 1st generation 24/7's and broke it in this last weekend. Just thought I'd share what I thought. Right away I found out that I had to be very careful with the pistol because it scratches so easily. There are several scratches now on the pistol. I can't believe the finish is so weak. This is really the biggest let down for me about the gun. But I guess that's why taurus pistols are cheap. I noticed that the front fixed sight is off to the right and of course I shot to the left. I put the gun on a rest and tightened the groups up and its still off to the left about 1 to 2 inches. Not a huge deal I guess, it's not a target pistol. Now the good. Like I said I put it on the rest and the groups were very tight. I shot 1 clip of Remington Home Defense ammo and 3 clips of Remington UMC ammo and had no jams. The gun is balanced very well with a full clip. As I shot it got a little heavy on the end, but it is a long slide model. All and all I think its a good pistol for the money. If money wasn't an issue, I would buy something else. But I feel comfortable using this as a home defense gun.
Congrats and welcome to the forum. Those sights are adjustable for windage, so if the front is obviously out of whack just loosen the set screw and move it. The first taurus I ever shot was a 9mm milpro, which was an impressive little fella. The next one was a 24/7 in 40 cal, and when I outshot my CZ75 with it I was truly impressed. Then I bought a PT145, and that one sealed my fate. I changed the sights on it because I didn't like the heinie's elevation, and that little sucker will kill tin cans at 25 yards all day. As far as the scratches - the first ones always hurt the worst. :D

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the 24/7. IMO, the original 24/7 series and the G2 series are the best guns for the money. All guns will have scratches with use and the one you carry most would have more. I'm glad to hear you like the 24/7.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Its not called a clip, its a magazine. :D

Welcome to the forum :guns:

Reactions: taylorman2034

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Welcome from New Mexico, I have a 24/7 G2 in 40 and really like it a lot, almost as much as my PT99.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Salutations from the greatest handgun forum on the Internet!;)

We are blessed to have many knowledgeable and friendly folks here, who don't mind sharing their Taurus experiences and wisdom with you.

So, pick a topic that interests you and jump right in!

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Congratulations on your new firearm.

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Congrats and welcome. I have 4 24/7s and love them all. 2 are the LS models and 1 OSS. They have all functioned flawlessly. I also had to adjust my sites slightly on 2 of them but they are very accurate. Also, since its a new gun, accuracy may be off before broken in. The more I shot mine the more accurate it got.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

I am impressed with the 24/7 accuracy. Recently I bought a CZ 75 P-07 and was instantly impressed with its accuracy too. In a 'shootout' comparison I decided the 24/7 is a wee bit better but the CZ is more fun.

I planned to go to the range today but it's gonna rain a bunch. Waa, boo, hoo, sob.

·
Registered
145 Posts
As a musician and owner of a number of high-end guitars.....I've learned from experience to go ahead and throw anything brand new up against the wall as soon as possible
to go ahead and get it broken in. I have a $3000 PRS that is "well-loved"...I also have a $700 Ibanez that is soooo well-loved I don't think i could ever get anyone to buy
it if I decided to sell it. Point being: it's gonna get scratched. They're just character marks. Over time they'll be what makes it YOURS because YOU made them! I'm guessing you
have a blued finish....and the scratching issue is exactly why I got my 24/7 G2 in stainless. Congrats on a fine weapon!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts