Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To make a slightly long story short....

My friend Dina was born in the US to Egyptian parents, and they moved back to Egypt when she was very young. She was raised in the oppressive and Muslim dominated culture there. Married, and moved back to the US. She and her kids are US citizens. She left the physically/mentally/emotionally/sexually abusive bastard about 2 years ago.

However, the upbringing she had makes some things novel to her, or taboo. Although she now sees R movies in theaters, no longer wears the religious garb, or subjects her kids to any such trappings.

It came up at dinner that she had never fired a gun, but sees the wisdom in ownership/training/concealment...especially with the aforementioned bastard.

So yesterday we went to the range. I started her with the .22, then moved up to the .380 and then the 9mm.

This lady is determined to say the least. My PT 92 is her new best friend, and we plan on going shopping this weekend for her own first firearm.

Then of course practice, practice, practice and the CHP class/process. I even am donating a few hundred rounds of ammo to her since I truly believe that she needs it more than I do.

Another friend has a few acres of land, and the plan includes teaching those kids (10 and 12) to safely handle and use firearms as well.

I'm proud of Dina.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Kudos to you for taking the time to help her.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Great she broke with traditional roles I hope she keeps having fun ....

Reactions: 9th

·
Registered
591 Posts
Another win for the Ladies- great that you took time , to teach her, job well done

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you all.

I think her story so far is a positive one for us. A case where training and practice may save her life or her children.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
4,707 Posts
That is great! I also have a couple ladies that want me to teach them to shoot.. As soon as I find some ammo that is...

·
Registered
30,011 Posts
Thats a great story, thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
9,586 Posts
Congratulations on your "do a good deed"! I firmly adhere to the philosophy of "each one teach one". You've just earned some gold stars for entry into heaven!;)

Reactions: MilProGuy

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
I applaud you for what you are doing for this dear lady and her children, and appreciate you for sharing the account with us.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Bless you, you are truly a good friend!
And good for her to get away from that oppressive environment. She probably saved herself and her kids in doing that.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Good job Ray let's keep adding people to the world of shooting.

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
Good for you and her.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Very Kewl that you shared this story. I think it's truly empowering when anyone makes a choice to learn to use and handle guns safely to protect self and family, and especially so when a gal takes that step.

·
Registered
19,167 Posts
You are a great and true friend. Thank you very much.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts