Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hoping Taurus will bring back the Model 62 pump 22lr. Especially in stainless. These are really cool little rifles, and considered a great backpack & survival rifle.

How many others would like to see this Rifle be come back available.
Most dont realized it does brake down. Our club been looking to get 2 of these but cant find them. I seen a lot of people looking for them. Hoping a lot of people post that they'd like to see them come back and maybe Taurus will.

So post.

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Compared to a semi auto or a bolt action the pump seems like it would be the most disruptive ( never shot one) of the three on a follow up shot basis. Am I off base? What's the upside!?

·
Super Moderator
40,714 Posts
The upside is they are fun to shoot. I scored a Rossi on Gun Broker and am very happy with it. Only thing I don't like is the lack of mechanical safety, and lack of ease in clearing the rifle without shooting it.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I bought one new, about 6 years ago. It has the 16" barrel and it does take down with one thumb screw.
What's the upside?
Short, fast handling and broken down will fit inside a pack. You can fire shorts, longs, or long rifles. Not to mention it's a ball to shoot. But then, I'm of the age when as a kid there were shooting galleries at the county fair that used pump action 22's firing shorts. Yes, hard to believe, but at one time shooting real bullets from real guns was acceptable public entertainment.
For me, shooting is more than just a utilitarian exercise, it's a hobby. In 22 rimfire rifles I have semi autos, the Taurus pump, lever actions, and bolt actions, even single shots.
I'd love to find a Taurus pump in 22 WMR.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts