Taurus Firearm Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
10,779 Posts
There could be an issue with NAA cartridges being protected, and demanding royalties.

Remember, we're supposedly looking at runs of guns that would sell well enough to make the company a profit. Niche cartridge chamberings in niche guns isn't going to do that. Going over the title of the thread, where did we originally buy six-shot, medium-framed 10mm or .41 Magnum, revolvers? Or semi-autos chambered in the NAA cartridges that weren't an example of NAA's offerings?

Davidson's and Lipsy's have been introducing guns in different calibers, with different barrel-lengths and sights for decades. All they need is to have some assurance that they can sell 50,000 units, and they'll try. Prices will never, because of the small number of units, be as cheap as regular production runs, but, if we actually commit to buy when contacting them, it could happen. :D

·
Registered
347 Posts
The still-born .223 revolver but chambered in .357 Maximum.
The M607 but exclusively with an 8" barrel and chambered in .360 Dan Wesson.

·
Administrator
35,401 Posts
I haven't read the entire thread, but my suggestions would be:

The 689 (357 mag)
The 431 (44 special)

And, while you're at it, since you own Rossi, bring back the 720 (44 special). This time though, fixed sight, smoothed edges, and maybe 6 shot. Wow.

·
Premium Member
11,127 Posts
I haven't read the entire thread, but my suggestions would be:

The 689 (357 mag)
The 431 (44 special)

And, while you're at it, since you own Rossi, bring back the 720 (44 special). This time though, fixed sight, smoothed edges, and maybe 6 shot. Wow.
Any of the above sporting a 3 inch barrel.

·
Premium Member
4,737 Posts
Very good suggestions ... I hope you may get the corporation to consider all of them and produce some if not all.

·
Registered
69 Posts
A 32 H&R Magnum snubby would be fantastic.
The trend has been to take small rounds and stick them into larger framed revolvers so you can get a couple extra rounds in the cylinder, but why isn’t there an opposite trend of shrinking platforms down to match the size of smaller rounds with a standard 5 or 6 shot cylinder?

·
Registered
6,549 Posts
All of the above.

But offer the revolvers without the stupid PORTS.

There's no need to port a .32Mag- at all. There's just not a reason but the 732's were ported. Based on personal experience and observation, the Federal 98gr JHP throws a fireball right on top of the front sight about the size of a basket ball. Guess you better not miss with the first shot in low light because you'll never see to aim the second one.

A 2 inch barrel and large bores- like .45ACP .44Special or .45Colt- are already flame throwers, so quit redirecting part of the flames straight up into the field of vision or the shooter or- if it's being used as a self defense gun like it's designed to be- possibly up into the face of the shooter if it's being fired from a retention position.

That's a rather awkward way to trim one's beard.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts