Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just sprayed BreakFree Powder Blast into my firing pin channel without removing the firing pin so the plastic housing got sprayed...I think that may be a problem. Going to take it to the range tomorrow and see if it will still shoot.

·
23,834 Posts
These days, cleaners are carefully formulated to not harm plastic parts. Why would you have a problem? What am I missing?

Reactions: vboy36

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok. I talked to the range guy today and he said that the plastic they refer to is not solvent resistant....he says the firing pin housing is very likely solvent resistant. Gun shot real well. I am going to learn how to remove the firing pin from the gun and not use the Powder Blast directly on the housing, solvent resistant or not.

Thanks All!

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
I would suggest taking it apart next time. Very simple process and by having it apart you will insure a thorough cleaning of the channel.

Reactions: vboy36

·
Registered
18,376 Posts
Ok. I talked to the range guy today and he said that the plastic they refer to is not solvent resistant....he says the firing pin housing is very likely solvent resistant. Gun shot real well. I am going to learn how to remove the firing pin from the gun and not use the Powder Blast directly on the housing, solvent resistant or not.

Thanks All!
A couple of videos that show how:

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Darbo, THANKS!!!!! FOR THE VIDEOS!!!!!! So easy. Removed the pin, cleaned out the chamber without using any chemicals. It looks pretty clean anyway. I think my firing pin issue was the ammo not the gun. Thank you for those videos. Excellent

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.