Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
4,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know about you guys, but I hate buying small aerosol cans of stuff. I get my Hoppes #9 by the quart (haven't found any good prices on larger sizes). Yesterday, I found a super deal on Break-Free CLP.

The stuff usually runs anywhere from about 75 bucks to almost 90 for a gallon. I found it for 35 bucks !

I ordered up a gallon yesterday

Here's the link in case anyone else is interested. Looks like a cool military surplus store near Buffalo NY. Probably a nuce place to look around in person.

Break-Free CLP-1 Gallon ~ Old Sarge's Drop Zone - Dunkirk, New York - (716) 203-7221

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
I wish you had Googled "Ed's Red" first. I like to use Dexron ATF for lube and it works pretty good even without a solvent unless you have real bad carbon build up.

Not that I have anything against Break-Free CLP and that is a good deal on it.

·
Banned
4,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wish you had Googled "Ed's Red" first. I like to use Dexron ATF for lube and it works pretty good even without a solvent unless you have real bad carbon build up.

Not that I have anything against Break-Free CLP and that is a good deal on it.
Damn it ! I'm getting old and feeble. I meant to whip up a batch of Ed's Red after reading about it here a while ago. It completely slipped my mind.

I may look it up, and whip up some anyway. I have some stuff that I usually like to "soak". Thanks for reminding me.

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
I use ed's red and I am really satisfied with the results. cost is about 15 bucks a gallon

·
Registered
29,845 Posts
Good tip on one of my all time favorite "C-leaner L-ubricant P-reservatives".

Been using Breakfree CLP for over 25 years now with great results.

·
17,572 Posts
I don't know about you guys, but I hate buying small aerosol cans of stuff. I get my Hoppes #9 by the quart (haven't found any good prices on larger sizes). Yesterday, I found a super deal on Break-Free CLP.

The stuff usually runs anywhere from about 75 bucks to almost 90 for a gallon. I found it for 35 bucks !

I ordered up a gallon yesterday

Here's the link in case anyone else is interested. Looks like a cool military surplus store near Buffalo NY. Probably a nuce place to look around in person.

Break-Free CLP-1 Gallon ~ Old Sarge's Drop Zone - Dunkirk, New York - (716) 203-7221
I use that all the time, but I don't think I've used a gallon of that in my life.

·
Registered
9,164 Posts
I don't have enough guns to go through a gallon of anything any time soon. Took me a year to go through 2 cans of Remoil, and i still have enough in the second one for a few more cleanings.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts