Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, got my new 9mm G2 in the Philippines last November and i noticed the rear sight is fixed contrary to what was advertised or mentioned in the catalogues. Anybody who can shed light on this please? Mine was marked forjas taurus-brazil and i saw in one picture the Miami-US having a adjustable rear sight. Is this really a difference? Tnx

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
Hi, got my new 9mm G2 in the Philippines last November and i noticed the rear sight is fixed contrary to what was advertised or mentioned in the catalogues. Anybody who can shed light on this please? Mine was marked forjas taurus-brazil and i saw in one picture the Miami-US having a adjustable rear sight. Is this really a difference? Tnx
To my knowledge ALL G2s are made in Brazil, and if the sights are different, it might be for the market that they are shipped to. It would help if you could post a picture of your G2, so we could all see. Not trying to be a wise guy, but just to be sure, you do realize that the 'adjustments' are made by turning the two small screws on the right side of the sight base?? You'll probably just need to call: Customer Service - Phone: (305) 624-1115. Good luck with that.

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I agree with Zylo_X, all 24/7's and 24/7 G2's are made in Brazil. I suggest you contact Taurus CS in the Philippines on the differences, if any, b/w the Tauri in your country and those that are distributed in the other parts of the world. You might consider the aftermarket sights if you don't like the existing sights.

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
Not sure of all the legalese BS, but Taurus USA in Miami is the 'importer' from Brazil.

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
Yep, Taurus USA in Miami, FL is only a Taurus distributor depot :D . However, Taurus does make the pocket guns (TCP) in the US per laws.

·
Registered
10,614 Posts
If the rear sight is "fixed", then it should be adjustable for windage and elevation using the special tool that accompanies the pistol. The latest write ups on the 24/7 G2 indicate the the rear sight is fixed and adjustable with a special tool.

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
If the rear sight is "fixed", then it should be adjustable for windage and elevation using the special tool that accompanies the pistol. The latest write ups on the 24/7 G2 indicate the the rear sight is fixed and adjustable with a special tool.
Yep, the 'special' tool is the other end of the TSS key, or a mini screw driver. :D The rear sight is in a dovetail, and the adjustments just move the tang up/down or left/right. I think our friend the Gargoyle is having connection or other equipment issues. I've seen this question before, and the user name is now +2.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the observations guys, I believe a thread without picture is useless so im posting one for you to see that the rear sight is fixed.
My G2 in 9mm.jpg

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
Thanks for the observations guys, I believe a thread without picture is useless so im posting one for you to see that the rear sight is fixed.
View attachment 22850
Glad you made it back. Hard to see in the pic, but could that be the Heiney (straight 8 ) sights?? Either way, you should give Customer Service a call, and please keep us posted on this mystery.

ETA:
Where did you buy the gun?? Is it possible it was used, or a dealer demo, and they switched the sights??

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Zylo_X: Its dovetail and 3 dot sir. . not the heiney sight. Sorry if the picture is not that good. will try to download other pics when i get home. Got it from a registered gunstore in the Philippines and I was told that the first two batches delivered are having the adjustable sight but he succeeding batches are not. Dunno where to check the veracity of this really. I found out also in one filipino forum that im not the only one with such issue. I hope someone here who has direct contact at Taurus Florida can help check this out to shed some light.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Question it appears in the pic the the ejector is on the left side did the pic get flipped or is it a lefty? If it is I didn't know they made lefties yet. BTW my 24/7 has adjustable sighs from the factory as advertised like mentioned above ask Taurus.

Oh and the safety lock engaging slot is on the left....???

·
Registered
9 Posts
View attachment 22850

24/7 G2 came in either an adjustable or a fixed sight, yours is a fixed sight indeed. Trust Trade, the official Taurus distributor in PH, explained that only the initial batches of G2 release had the adjustable sights, while the latest batches that they got during the PH gunshow period last November 2011, were all fixed sights.

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
Question it appears in the pic the the ejector is on the left side did the pic get flipped or is it a lefty? If it is I didn't know they made lefties yet. BTW my 24/7 has adjustable sighs from the factory as advertised like mentioned above ask Taurus.

All the engraving is backward too, looks like a 'mirror image'.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
24/7 G2 came in either an adjustable or a fixed sight, yours is a fixed sight indeed. Trust Trade, the official Taurus distributor in PH, explained that only the initial batches of G2 release had the adjustable sights, while the latest batches that they got during the PH gunshow period last November 2011, were all fixed sights.
This is what I was told also. I'm just wondering if such is only supplied in the Phils and any reason behind such co'z nothing was mentioned in this forum on fixed rear sight. Any idea bro?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

More pictures as mentioned:

IMG_1128.JPG IMG_1127.JPG IMG_1130.JPG

1 - 20 of 21 Posts