Taurus Firearm Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive heared about the feedback on 24/7 pro like the last bullet wont feed. i think its in the 24/7 pro thats been manufactured in U.S. the maufactured in brazil is flawless i fired 100 rounds on my 24/7 pro .40 when i first bought it and after a week i fired 150 rounds and the gun is flawless no jam what so ever. buy the way the brazil version has a 3 dot sight not like the u.s. version which is the heine sight. taurus 24/7 pro is the best :D

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
As far as I know, all 24/7's are made in Brazil. Anyone have evidence to the contrary.

·
Registered
384 Posts
NYPD in AZ said:
As far as I know, all 24/7's are made in Brazil. Anyone have evidence to the contrary.
I was under the impression that all Taurus products were manufactured in Brazil. If this is not the case, which ones are made elsewhere?

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
I believe some PT22's and PT25's are manufactured in Miami.

·
Registered
384 Posts
NYPD in AZ said:
I believe some PT22's and PT25's are manufactured in Miami.
Ah!!! I consider myself enlightened. Thanks for the education.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
all taurus are made in brazil. the 24/7 is made in brazil but there are two manufacturers, 1.) is manufactured in BRAZIL which has 3 DOT sight and 2.) is manufactured in U.S. miami florida which has the HEINE sight.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
tRiPtAMan said:
all taurus are made in brazil. the 24/7 is made in brazil but there are two manufacturers, 1.) is manufactured in BRAZIL which has 3 DOT sight and 2.) is manufactured in U.S. miami florida which has the HEINE sight.
You just contradicted yourself by saying all Taurus products are made in Brazil and then saying the 24/7 with Heine sight is manufactured in Miami.
Once again---ALL 24/7 PISTOLS ARE MADE IN BRAZIL---PERIOD. They might ship without the sights and when they arrive in Miami Taurus Int'l puts Heine sights on. Might be a written language barrier here so I'll cut a little slack in that regard. :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
nope bro not all 24/7 are made in BRAZIL although the TAURUS is originally from BRAZIL but the U.S. is also manufacturing TAURUS guns. the one with the HEINE sight is made in MIAMI FLORIDA. can you see the difference on my pictures? the slide is different from the u.s. made and my grip is different from the u.s. version of 24/7.

http://www.taurususa.com/products/product-details.cfm?id=106&category=Pistol

thats the u.s. version as you can see the slide has a - TAURUS INT. MFQ.-FL. USA

mine is different and the grip is different.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I thought that the older 24/7's had a three dot, and the new ones have the heinie straight eight sights

My 24/7 PRO 9mm came with the Heinie straight eight sights and is made in Brazil.

·
Administrator
40,147 Posts
Maybe he didn't buy it in the US, therefore no importer stamp.
I believe all Tauri are manufactured in Brazil with the exception of those mentioned by NYPD in AZ. I had also heard that before.

As an aside my friend just purchased a 24/7 a couple of months ago with three dot sights. Made in Brazil of course with importers stamp.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
it seems that many of you dont understand what im saying. let me give you an example. the mcDonals' for example, its originaly from u.s.a. the other store for example is in japan. just because its originaly from u.s. doesnt mean that they make all the food in the u.s. and ship it to japan? i dont think so... same situation in the taurus manufactured in brazil and the taurus manufactured in u.s. thats why not all taurus pt24/7 pro are the same manufacturer. just take a look at the picture that i post.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
I understand one says 'Forjas Taurus' on the slide and the other says 'Taurus Int'l Mfg, Miami FL.' Towards the muzzle, on ALL 24/7's it says MADE IN BRAZIL. My 24/7 says Taurus Int'l Mfg, Miami but it still says Made in Brazil. A company does not mark a product made in Brazil if it is not actually made in Brazil. I called Taurus and spoke to a CS manager. "ALL 24/7 PISTOLS ARE MADE IN BRAZIL."

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
paulrabe78 said:
I was under the impression that they are made in Brazil and distributed out of Miami
Correct---this what I've been trying to get across.

·
Registered
384 Posts
NYPD in AZ said:
Correct---this what I've been trying to get across.
OK, Just so that I'm not totally confused. If I understand this thread, ALL Taurus models with the exception of PT22's and PT25's are manufactured in Brazil. Did I get it right :???:

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Not all PT22's and PT25's are made in Miami. But these are the only two Taurus firearms that are not made in Brazil. Anyone with information to the contrary with solid proof to back up their claim please come forward. :p :) ;)

·
Registered
384 Posts
Whew!!!! So the definitive answer is: ALL Taurus models with the exception of SOME PT22 and PT25 models are made in Brazil. Glad we got that figured out. I wouldn't have been able to sleep tonight with that nagging question unanswered.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Let me inject some sanity here... With the exception of PT22/25, all other Taurus firearms are made and assembled at their Brazilian factory. The only 3 dot 24/7's are older models made and assembled in Brazil. All newly made/assembled 24/7 pistols have Heine sights (unless specially ordered) and also mad/assembled at Taurus Brazilian factory.

Not all the information on the Taurus website regarding firearms is up to date, and sometimes not fully accurate. I've been to both their factories and I own more models of Taurus pistols then most people, I have been handling, shooting and working on them since before they where released here in the states.

Possibly now we can end this silly debate...

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.