Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my first Taurus (model 66 .357) and, the first time I took it out (after first cleaning and oiling) after 14 rounds THE CYLINDER LOCK BROKE AFTER 14 ROUNDS. THERE ARE CYLINDER LOCK SCARINGS ALL AROUND THE CYLINDER. I am very disappointed in the quality of this handgun. This shows me no QC. Who can I talk to at Taurus to come and get this revolver AND FIX IT. I could not believe this firearm malfunctioned AFTER 14 INITIAL ROUNDS.

·
Registered
10,781 Posts
I bought a S&W Model 625-3. It broke the hand on the VERY FIRST SHOT.

I felt as though "I am very disappointed in the quality of this handgun. This shows me no QC. Who can I talk to at S&W to come and get this revolver AND FIX IT. I could not believe this firearm malfunctioned AFTER 1 INITIAL ROUND."

Cylinder lock scar? You mean a ring? That will be evidenced in all but the best custom revolvers. It's why collectors place zip-ties in the action of their revolvers, to prevent such a ring from occurring by using the action.

Contact Taurus. They will send you a label for a shipper. It's free. NO manufacturer will "come get" their gun. Send it to them, and let them fix it.

Welcome to the forum, I think. :)

·
Registered
8,052 Posts
I know you are disappointed! Taurus does have a lifetime warranty on their products, so if you
contact someone at their customer service department, they should be able to steer you in the
right direction. I'll be honest, I've never had this problem with any of my Taurus revolvers so
I've never had to go through this process. I hope they can sort things out for you, especially
since it is a Model 66 you are talking about. The Taurus Model 66 is a great revolver when it
functions properly. It is the favorite among my revolvers and a real tack driver when it works
like it should.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
I hope Taurus makes it right. They should cover shipping both ways on a gun that is less than a year old. Sounds like their turnaround time has been pretty good lately so you shouldn't have to wait too long. Let us know how it goes.

Coop

·
Registered
187 Posts
Call customer service 800-327-3776 on Monday. Have serial number ready. They will email you a label or send fedex with a label. For this type of repair you will have it back quickly. Or if you want to do the lock on your own, they will send you a new one free of charge. Good luck and better luck with your gun after the fix.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
The cylinder ring is normal wear and tear. It is a sign that the cylinder lock ,or cylinder stop as some call it, is engaging the cylinder which is important. Could you describe what is broken? Is the cylinder free spinning without locking?

If the cylinder stop failed it is not a big fix at all. Any revolver can suffer from this if something is slightly out of tolerance. Sometimes it simply boils down to a badly manufactured cylinder stop. I have had to send a Taurus revolver in before. They will e-mail you a prepaid label, or send a truck to your house (you will have to be available to give it to the driver if they do a "pick up"). I received my label packaged the gun and enclosed a letter describing the problem taped the box shut and took it to my local FedEx shop where I put the Taurus box into a small sized Fed Ex box and sealed it, gave it to the employee along with the pre-paid label. They took the package no questions asked, no info given. As long as the gun is not replaced they can mail directly back to you. When you call Taurus be kind to the rep and they will be most helpful. They have limited control over what happens at Taurus if any, all they can do is try to help you so try not to shoot the messenger. Repair times have been fairly quick lately 10-14 days on average. Your repair should be fairly straight forwards based on the limited info I know about it.

If you have questions please feel free to post them. Folks here are great about trying to help out.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Adding to the above,

Make sure to leave a note in the gun case stating the problem that you have, also include your name, telephone number and address so they know who it belongs to. Im not 100% on the address part but give them your name and number for sure with what happened and what the problem is.

This would help speed things along I would think.

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
I can say, don't be to disappointed yet, let Taurus repair or replace you new gun..I think in the long run you'll be very happy with your purchase!! Oh and Welcome from Fort Worth, Texas where the West Begins..

·
Banned
893 Posts
things happen, no manufacturer builds 100% no defect products be it little toy cars to weapons to real cars that is why they have a warranty and Taurus has THE best weapons warranty out there period, even your work whatever it is; is not 100% so bear with them. This is a step in life.

·
Super Moderator
21,441 Posts
Here's the link to their repair policy and what you need to do It also has a link to a work order. This is vary important. As its what Taurus uses to repair your gun, make sure you fill it out completely and I hope things go well. Congrats there are many satisfied Taurus owners here that are willing to help you.

Taurus International Manufacturing Inc - Repair Policy

1 - 10 of 10 Posts