Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
4,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems like Cheaper Than Dirt is getting on my nerves more and more lately.

Hey.......Maybe I'm wrong? Let's see what you guys think.

Ordered 1000 rounds of Tula .223 ammo on line. Price was 109 and change for 500 rounds.

Sitting on the throne the following morning, I noticed that their NEWEST catalog (I had just gotten it that week), showed the price to be 99 and change for the 500 rounds.

Since this was their latest catalog (March. # 503) and the ammo was right there on page 3, I figured they should honor that price right?

I e-mailed them 5 or 6 times (no reply) and then called.

They told me that the internet price was always current, and the catalog price can't be guaranteed.

I dunno. Maybe I'm just looking for an argument with them. Ammo prices are rising, so perhaps their argument is valid.

I was just wondering maybe if I phoned-in the order, and quoted prices from the catalog, if things would have been different?

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
It doesn't seem all that surprising considering how volatile the ammo market is, but you would expect them to give the better price without having to ask for it. I would give them a call....

·
Registered
703 Posts
In some other industries, catalog prices are good for a year...

I wonder whether they would honor the catalog price if you placed the order by mail/fax.

·
Registered
31,761 Posts
$4.36 a box is still a great price for Commie .223. I was paying $3.98 a box 4 years ago.

I understand your sentiment with the catalog, but the internet price is still very good.

Considering what I paid for Remington pointed soft point 25-06 4 years ago, about $17.95 a box, and the $24.95 I would have to pay today, I would say get over that $0.37 difference a box and get it before it is all gone. I understand it is $9 on 25 boxes. By the way, I'm not a real fan of Cheaper than Gold Dust, but I know a good deal when I see it.

·
Registered
3,796 Posts
Seems like Cheaper Than Dirt is getting on my nerves more and more lately.

Hey.......Maybe I'm wrong? Let's see what you guys think.

Ordered 1000 rounds of Tula .223 ammo on line. Price was 109 and change for 500 rounds.

Sitting on the throne the following morning, I noticed that their NEWEST catalog (I had just gotten it that week), showed the price to be 99 and change for the 500 rounds.

Since this was their latest catalog (March. # 503) and the ammo was right there on page 3, I figured they should honor that price right?

I e-mailed them 5 or 6 times (no reply) and then called.

They told me that the internet price was always current, and the catalog price can't be guaranteed.

I dunno. Maybe I'm just looking for an argument with them. Ammo prices are rising, so perhaps their argument is valid.

I was just wondering maybe if I phoned-in the order, and quoted prices from the catalog, if things would have been different?
I live near their Fort Worth store, and may be stopping in today or very soon. I'll let you know the prices paid. Also, I've found that Cabela's usually has a lower price on their web site compared to the store, so I make a shopping list to take to the store, and get them to 'price match' at the checkout. I've been doing that for about a year, but lately they've been marking some items on the web as a 'net only' price.

·
Registered
3,796 Posts
I live near their Fort Worth store, and may be stopping in today or very soon. I'll let you know the prices paid. Also, I've found that Cabela's usually has a lower price on their web site compared to the store, so I make a shopping list to take to the store, and get them to 'price match' at the checkout. I've been doing that for about a year, but lately they've been marking some items on the web as a 'net only' price.
Well, I still haven't made it into CTD, but was in Walmart and Cabela's this weekend. The same 250 round UMC .45ACP was $90 @ WM, but $105 @ Cabela's.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts