Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i picked up a 605 a week ago, and was very happy with it. i was told the best trigger job was to repeatedly dry fire the gun to smooth out the surfaces. so i dry fired it every day for about 5 days, on the 6th i was actually able to get it out to shoot, and it functioned flawlessly. well, the next day i pick it up to start dry firing and out of nowhere the trigger gets real hard to pull. i think maybe some dirt or powder since i didnt clean it yet.

the next pull of the trigger and the hammer doesnt go back on double action, nor can i set the hammer on single. took the side plate off and found the pin on the frame that the hammer goes in has sheared off!

now, from what i can tell you have to replace the whole frame to fix it, or am i wrong? how would that happen? anyone ever have that problem? now i have a brand new gun that is useless. also kind of apprehensive about sending it to taurus for repair, havent heard great things... looks like either way i just got screwed. how do i fix that pin in the frame though? no name on the parts diagram for it...

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Welcome from The Magnolia State, Mississippi!

I highly recommend that you contact Taurus customer service and be prepared to return the gun to them for repair or replacement.

If you attempt to repair it yourself, you may void the lifetime warranty on the gun.

Reactions: Armd2DaTeeth

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
is that something they can replace the whole firearm for? i think if it is part of the frame, there might have been a problem when they were manufacturing the part.? or even a batch of them

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Yes, that pin is vital. Make Miami fix it or replace the whole gun. Do it yourself and the lifetime warranty is gone.

Reactions: Armd2DaTeeth

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Sorry to hear of your misfortune but heed the advice of these folks and you should do well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well, i took the gun back to where i bought it, and the guy at the dealer kept insisting that that was the way the gun was supposed to be, with that pin just floating like that. this guy was an idiot. if that was the case there would have been a part number for it on the diagram, but theres not, its part of the frame. i told him to try and take the main spring off with it like that and he couldnt, still swearing it was ok the whole time. after the parts flew everywhere he threw the gun down and gave me a replacement taurus 605.

so i lucked out and didnt have to deal with taurus, which is what i would have done i assure you all. i just didnt want to have to. but correct me if im wrong but thats not the way that gun is made. the pin the hammer pivots on isnt a seperate peice, its part of the frame right?

·
Registered
265 Posts
Good to hear that the dealer took care of the problem, even if he didn't want to. Get some Snap Caps for dry firing, some say you need them some don't, I always use them. I think the 605 is a great gun, if I can find one with a 3" barrel I will buy another one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts