Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
35,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
..at least in my part of the state. Lots of deer and hog showing up at my feeder. I'll slide back there in the morning and hope to ambush a hog. I will take a deer, I guess, but I'm really hoping for a pig. I still have lots of venison left from last season and I'll be after an elk in a few months. But, I have no pork stashed. I have lots of pigs showing up here recently. My stick rifle is sighted in deadly enough out to 50 yards. All I'm not ready for is the mosquitoes. Well, I guess I'm as ready as I can be. Got refills for my thermacell.

Reactions: darbo

·
Registered
7,293 Posts
I won't be hunting cause I have no time right now but mainly I have no place to go . But I look forward to hearing and reports and reading stories on this seasons events ! Been really missing those Turkey hunts on the Outdoor channel , especially with bows ! Good luck and be waiting for your report and picts !

·
Registered
17,062 Posts
How do you hunt anything with one of these?

proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg

Reactions: DeltaBravoKS

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
The corn is out here in Central Texas but no deer.

we badly need rain for food plots to attract them.

·
Super Moderator
35,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
With my face all cut up the way it is, kinda hard to shoot the Xbow, but I've been practicing. I'm supposed to go in Monday and have the stitches taken out and in a couple of weeks, doc is suppose to carve off the excess so I can be beautimus again. Seems like docs have gotten in the way of the last several hunting seasons. I'm just going to quit going to 'em and take my chances. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,218 Posts
..at least in my part of the state. Lots of deer and hog showing up at my feeder. I'll slide back there in the morning and hope to ambush a hog. I will take a deer, I guess, but I'm really hoping for a pig. I still have lots of venison left from last season and I'll be after an elk in a few months. But, I have no pork stashed. I have lots of pigs showing up here recently. My stick rifle is sighted in deadly enough out to 50 yards. All I'm not ready for is the mosquitoes. Well, I guess I'm as ready as I can be. Got refills for my thermacell.
I don't know what part of the state you hunt in, but in my area, in Stephens county, The Oak trees are LOADED with acorns, and just beginning to fall. You'll be wise to pay close attention to the oak thickets. The deer and hogs aren't hitting my feeders now - ground covered in several days of corn-, and I assume that is one of the reasons - that, and lack of rain has pushed the hogs deeper into the woods for cooler soils. We do have some mosquitoes that should be wearing tail numbers. Good luck - I have two traps that I'm restoring, and when they are done, I'll hit the lease.

·
Super Moderator
35,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
When I saw the title, the first thing I thought of was the line from an Alabama song..."If yer gonna play in Texas, you gotta have a fiddle in the band"!

Back to the topic, however, do you have to wait for bow season to get a pig? Are they not open season all year?

Yes, and I could be using my rifle on 'em, just figure I wanna take one with the X bow and I'll be in the tree with it anyway after a deer.

·
Registered
18,813 Posts
Last time I went bow hunting, I bagged this 13 point...........................
BB_256021440.jpg

·
Super Moderator
35,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, I haven't hunted since opening morning when a doe and a yearling showed up and I passed on the doe, though they're legal in bow season. I couldn't get around on the danged thing anyway as I spooked 'em when I tried. They came right under my stand. I might get back out there tomorrow as the wife's doing her sewing instruction, going to Brenham to teach. I've been dealing with her doc's visit this morning, went for a colonoscopy and that endoscope thing down the other end. It's always something.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts