Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FN Five-seveN. Came with 3 mags and I bought all the ammo they had in stock for it (~ 350 rounds). Practical? Aw, hell no but I'm beyond "justifying" my firearm purchases with myself. This one I got . . . . just because
99A72C57-1B7B-44B0-B874-341888ED23E4.jpeg
311620BB-95D0-45B0-B64F-C4DA35EFAEAC.jpeg
11C1BA1B-15BD-4090-A59F-3BCA221B758D.jpeg

·
Super Moderator
35,077 Posts
Well, you can always justify any gun purchase with the "investment" angle. I always said the "precious metal" I invest in is cold steel. :D

·
Super Moderator
36,037 Posts
Nice acquisition, congratulations!

Reactions: daytonaredeye

·
22,300 Posts
Oh, very cool! Can't wait to hear a range report! Congratulations!

·
Registered
303 Posts
FN makes some really nice guns! Congratulations on the Five-seveN.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
I've always liked the Five-seveN, it's just a cool pistol. If they weren't so expensive, I would have most likely gotten one by now.

I often wonder how well it would have performed, had it been adopted by NATO forces as a replacement for 9mm Luger as planned in the past. If nothing else, it would have been nice to see more guns chambered in 5.7x28 FN as a result.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
I have to side with Vanity. It is a decent functional Firearm......(STOP) hurt feelings, admin edits possible ban/removal from site.....Enjoy I hope it is more than the "SAFE HANGER"

·
Registered
24,604 Posts
Congrats on your new slide gun. Merry Christmas.

·
Super Moderator
19,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Very cool pistol! Congrats! Now you just need the, what is it, PS90 carbine that uses the 5.7 ammo?

View attachment 452017
Yeah, don't think I haven't thought about it. Not a fan of bull pup design but this is the Carbine that spawned the development of the pistol. Maybe Henry will pick it up in their lever lineup like they are doing with all the other odd calibers.

Reactions: darbo and YOT

·
Registered
5,026 Posts
NICE!!!! You've become old enough to stop justifing why you got this or that! I can't wait till I'm there too! :)

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
OK, help me learn something here. Just what is a vanity gun?

I also have an AR 57 and it is a nice rifle. It is accurate and fun to shoot. I guess the only downside is that it is heavy....

Good luck with your new gun and shoot safe.

Don

·
Registered
7,786 Posts
Congrats on your new pistol.

·
Super Moderator
19,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
NICE!!!! You've become old enough to stop justifing why you got this or that! I can't wait till I'm there too! :)
You'll recognize it when you see it. Our last son graduated from college yesterday and, as a result, he moves from part time to full time with the state of Ga (auditing and accounting) starting tomorrow. Now all 3 off the payroll, house and truck paid off! It's ME time now - something I haven't had much of since 1985 when our first was born and I was just starting my last year of Med school.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts