Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all, i new i liked taurus after purchasing my 24/7 and putting it through the paces, i am equally pleased w/ a used pt 908 i bought. i just got back from the range, and put 50 rounds through it through various paces, rapid fire/ aim fire etc. no jambs etc. it will now assume the position of my finicky 1911(non taurus). i shot the the 24/7 45acp as well and still can't get over the difference in destruction between the calibers, i am retiring an old encyclopedia set which works great for viewing the effects of hollow point and hole size.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that very scenario is what scares me most. it is my general hope that i can place 5 or 6 rounds in a manner that disrupts their intentions long enough to get the chance to place one or two good shots in the spinal or forehead area that will actually stop body functions. hopefully the first shot can be well placed if they don't see or suspect me. and like all of us, i hope i never find a need to ever unholster my weapon for anything but practice.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i made allot of paper circles, some almost 1 1/2 inches around, i don't have many hollow points for the 9mm so i never did a comparison(i wanted to save them for the night stand), but damn, i made a hell of allot of confetti.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
my 1911 is at the gunshop right now, i told them to make it reliable, don't know what to expect, they called and offered to bye it off me for $450 which is more than i paid for it brand new, but i said go ahead and fix it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.