Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well gentleman I bought the first Taurus I have ever owned today. I purchased a 24/7 oss ds 9mm, I bought this pistol used for 270 dollars It is in excellent condition. What can you guys tell me about it pros? cons? help a brother out.

·
Super Moderator
21,441 Posts
I'd say you did great! I had a 24/7 compact DS in 45 for my primary carry gun. It never gave me any trouble at all. It shot just about anything I feed it. Enjoy your new gun in my book there is no down side to owning one. :)

Reactions: Vinny1911

·
Registered
12,089 Posts
Don't know about the 24/7, but there are many knowledgeable folks her who will...

Welcome to the forum and the Taurus family from NJ !

Reactions: Vinny1911

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
Again, welcome to the forum! As I said in your intro thread, the 24/7 OSS 9mm, .40SW and .45 ACP are the excellent handguns Taurus has ever made. Congrats on the OSS 9mm! You got it at a good price, too.

·
Registered
8,789 Posts
You got a great pistol at a great price.

Welcome to the forum.

·
Administrator
17,595 Posts
Congratulations on your new to you 9mm 24/7 OSS and Welcome to the Forum! :cool:

Excellent deal on it and you will find it to be very reliable and accurate. I have a 9mm 24/7 Pro Standard and a .45 24/7 OSS and they've both been stellar performers and will continue to be so.

Taurus 24/7 Pro 9mm with Pachmayer Tactical Grip Glove, normally meant for the S&W M&P Series

Taurus 24/7 OSS DS .45 w/Hogue Slip On Grip

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Congratulations on your new firearm. Sounds like you got a good deal.

·
Registered
36,032 Posts
Well gentleman I bought the first Taurus I have ever owned today. I purchased a 24/7 oss ds 9mm, I bought this pistol used for 270 dollars It is in excellent condition. What can you guys tell me about it pros? cons? help a brother out.
First congratulations on the new weapon, sounds like an extremely good price.
tributes and cons are a lot of what the gun was purchased to do and who the owner is! the cons for me would be overall size (if a carry gun) , small caliber for the size, long trigger pull( this is easy to remedy by using the very short crisp reset), the pros for me are exceptional accuracy, good capacity, an ruggedness, remember this weapon was specifically deigned to compete in military trials, its built to keep on ticking. enjoy the weapon I got a tactical and its been quite a weapon so far.

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
I bought my first OSS in 9mm new from budsgunshop.com. Shortly after I bought one in .40 from gunbroker. Then I got my .45 from gunbroker. All within about 6 months. What does that say about them?

·
Registered
250 Posts
You did good! Great price for a very good pistol. I have the OSS-DS in 45 and have never had a problem with it. Mine, like so many others, sport the Hogue slip on grip sleeve. I'm sure you will enjoy your new pistol.

Merry Christmas.

Reactions: jwc007

·
Registered
5 Posts
hello, im from philippines owner of taurus pt 24/7 gen. 1 pro 9mm, did you try to look the serial number of your gun at taurus website FIND MY MODEL/MODEL NUMBER LOOK UP SYSTEM/SYSTEM? as for me i try it but when i input my serial number i found it, NO MATCH FOR MY SERIAL NUMBER.. i hope you can give me an answer... thanks...

·
Registered
16,494 Posts
Welcome from North Texas. I have the 24/7 9mm pro & it has been all that you can ask a gun to do. It is not the oss but has been great.

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
hello, im from philippines owner of taurus pt 24/7 gen. 1 pro 9mm, did you try to look the serial number of your gun at taurus website FIND MY MODEL/MODEL NUMBER LOOK UP SYSTEM/SYSTEM? as for me i try it but when i input my serial number i found it, NO MATCH FOR MY SERIAL NUMBER.. i hope you can give me an answer... thanks...
Welcome from Texas! I could not find some of my Taurus pistols in the Miami database via their serial numbers either until some time later after I registered them with TaurusUSA. It also could be your Taurus gun did not show up in the TaurusUSA database because you (and your gun) are in the Philippines.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts