Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Welp, again with another revolver. I found it interesting to have a revolver, chambered in a typical semi-auto round. This one is chambered in 9mm Luger, and came with five full-moon clips...they are stamped steel, and seem to be sturdy enough.

I won't be able to get it too the range until this coming Friday morning. I will post up a review afterwards. I guess you could say I like Taurus revolvers. :)

·
Registered
4,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've seen a few of them back before the gun panic but none since. I hope you can post a range report. I'm kind of interested in getting one of them too.
Yeah, I will, but not till next weekend. I want to wring it out well, so I won't be able to get to the range until the day after Thanksgiving...next Friday. I'll be chomping at the bit until then.

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
That a nice looking Taurus 9mm revolver.(y)(y):cool:

Reactions: taurustoter

·
Registered
59 Posts
Welp, again with another revolver. I found it interesting to have a revolver, chambered in a typical semi-auto round. This one is chambered in 9mm Luger, and came with five full-moon clips...they are stamped steel, and seem to be sturdy enough.

I won't be able to get it too the range until this coming Friday morning. I will post up a review afterwards. I guess you could say I like Taurus revolvers. :)
For SURE a nice lookin revolver! Makes my blk steel 605 look look like hell. But, isn't that the 905? IMO, kinda pricey, but Taurus makes good shooters.

·
Registered
4,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
For SURE a nice lookin revolver! Makes my blk steel 605 look look like hell. But, isn't that the 905? IMO, kinda pricey, but Taurus makes good shooters.
I was able to pick it up, NIB, for 319 + tax.

·
8,410 Posts
The 905 is a good revolver. I owned one previously to do some caliber testing with. It has recoil between 38 and 357, almost reaching 357. They are accurate, but the Taurus moon clips were a disappointment. I ended up getting some from TK customs. Enjoy and let us know how it shoots.

·
Registered
4,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The 905 is a good revolver. I owned one previously to do some caliber testing with. It has recoil between 38 and 357, almost reaching 357. They are accurate, but the Taurus moon clips were a disappointment. I ended up getting some from TK customs. Enjoy and let us know how it shoots.
Yup, I ordered a pack of them too...should be here Friday.

·
Registered
4,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Got those TK Custom moon clips yesterday, and they are better than the OEM's from Taurus. They hold the rounds more stable than the others.

I plan on using the factory ones for the range, and the TK ones for carry.

·
Premium Member
12,793 Posts
What's really impressive is that you came up with 25 rounds of 9mm. LOL! Congrats on your new revolver, it looks to be a lot of fun.

·
Registered
4,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
What's really impressive is that you came up with 25 rounds of 9mm. LOL! Congrats on your new revolver, it looks to be a lot of fun.
Yeah, but stocking up on that since the last bull crap from 2013!

·
Registered
4,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Okay, the range report. I will start out by saying that I really like this revolver as well as my others. This particular one, while shooting DA, I was able to stroke through the trigger, and watch the cylinder rotate (CCW), and then it hit a very distinct wall. At that point, cylinder rotation pretty much stopped, and the final bit of trigger stroke was light to drop the hammer. None of my other revolvers, including the Smiths, are that way. It, if I were trying for target shooting, really helped me keep the rounds where I wanted them.

I don't know if this was an intentional trigger action by Taurus, or if it is just typical of the 905, but if I was trying to deliberately keep my rounds in a tight group, this trigger certainly allows me to "fine tune" the sight picture, just before let-off. Here is my target, from 30 feet, shooting a combination of Federal JHP's, and Federal aluminum cased 115 grain ball. The first three or four rounds fell high and right, but then I got the trigger down. Try not to notice the one crappy shot at the low left...LOL.

This revolver ran the Taurus and TK Custom moon clips just fine, and I had no malfunctions. Ejection was easy, and not having to go search all over for my brass, minus the aluminum cases, was a handy feature as well. I will have to admit though, after shooting about thirty rounds, fairly quickly, the web of my dominant hand started to sting just a tad...the 9mm loading tends to have a doable, but quick/sharp recoil in this platform. I like it...a lot. Loading the new moon clips in the gun was quicker than my speed strips in .38/.357 too.

It's another kick-butt revolver from Tauri, and am happy to have it in my collection and carry rotation!

·
Premium Member
12,793 Posts
Hammer or not, learning to shoot a DA/SA revolver in DA mode is paramount to learning to shoot it well. What you're describing in your first paragraph, stroking through the trigger and then hitting a wall before the hammer drops is almost like taking it to a point where all you have left is a SA trigger pull. I don't know what anyone would call the technique, I'm sure there must be a descriptive word for it, but I practice that with every DA/SA revolver I own. It is very helpful to get that feel for the trigger and with some revolvers it's easier to feel it than with others, but I believe they all have it. Great shooting! Enjoy it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts