Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reading and watching reviews on U-tube, I went in search of a TX22. THE 5th gun shop I found one in stock. Looked it over very close, ask to field strip and got an OK. Long story short, I bought it. At the range today, I fired 140 rounds of 3 brands of ammo. About 2/3rds of those with a suppressor attached. 100% reliable and accuracy as good as I can shoot. My only dislike is the magazine release does not stick out far enough making it somewhat clumsy to drop the mag. I did use the mag loader most of the time loading mags. It does seem to be a bit faster. I like this gun better than my Ruger Mkll, 22/45, my Mklll 22/45 lite, or my S&W Victory 22:)

·
Registered
4,935 Posts
After reading and watching reviews on U-tube, I went in search of a TX22. THE 5th gun shop I found one in stock. Looked it over very close, ask to field strip and got an OK. Long story short, I bought it. At the range today, I fired 140 rounds of 3 brands of ammo. About 2/3rds of those with a suppressor attached. 100% reliable and accuracy as good as I can shoot. My only dislike is the magazine release does not stick out far enough making it somewhat clumsy to drop the mag. I did use the mag loader most of the time loading mags. It does seem to be a bit faster. I like this gun better than my Ruger Mkll, 22/45, my Mklll 22/45 lite, or my S&W Victory 22:)
You suck. No, just kidding. I have yet to even see one in the stores around me!

·
Registered
901 Posts
I like this gun better than my Ruger Mkll, 22/45, my Mklll 22/45 lite, or my S&W Victory 22:)
That sure is a ringing endorsement. Great news.

Congrats Electraclyde and enjoy the TX22.

·
9,094 Posts
Thanks for the range report. You have joined the TX22 fan club. I am amazed every time I shoot mine, how can it be so easy to shoot and be so accurate?????

·
Registered
71 Posts
Congrats on the new pistol. Hope you enjoy it.

I love mine, but all is not perfect. You have read about the 'chattering' in the rifling right? Mine has it. Does it make mine less accurate? Don't really know. Or does it accumulate more dirt than it should? It probably will. But so far I love it and for now I'm keeping it. If the folks who have sent their guns in to Taurus get new barrels without 'chattering', then I'll send mine in. A new barrel with the chattering might even be worse than what I have now.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Congrats on the new pistol. Hope you enjoy it.

I love mine, but all is not perfect. You have read about the 'chattering' in the rifling right? Mine has it. Does it make mine less accurate? Don't really know. Or does it accumulate more dirt than it should? It probably will. But so far I love it and for now I'm keeping it. If the folks who have sent their guns in to Taurus get new barrels without 'chattering', then I'll send mine in. A new barrel with the chattering might even be worse than what I have now.
The rifling in mine seems to be OK. I fired another 80 rounds today, 50 of those with suppressor attached. Accuracy is as good as I am capable of. Suppressor does change POI slightly up and left. Have not yet cleaned it today.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts