Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
3,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
A little more info, it is the Holosun K foot print. I'm not sure about buying a sight that cost as much or more than the pistol did. Supposedly Riton has one that fits. Possibly a SIG Romeo Zero will fit. The screws are M4 x .7.

Same as RMSc cut. I have an ADE 2MOA that can be co witnessed coming from Amazon.

Maloy

· Registered
3,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I fired 8 mags full for 104 rounds. I had one FTF, and it was ammo related with no primer in the rim.

Ejection was positive between 12' and 16' from the gun.

Accuracy was very good and about 6" at fifty yards. Once the trigger breaks in, I expect better. Most of my shots fell within 3".

Out of the standard TX22, I hate Remington Thunderbolts. Unburnt powder burns my strong hand between the thumb and index finger. No burning with the compact using the same lot!

So far it is a keeper, it's red dot will be here on Monday.

Font Screenshot Slope Rectangle Magenta

Air gun Trigger Machine gun Gun barrel Wood

Air gun Trigger Wood Road surface Gun barrel

· Registered
3,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for being the guinea pig for me, let us know how it shoots. I had intended on being an early tester, but then this darn XDM 10mm competition called to me from the LGS shelf.
I totally understand. I've been avoiding the S&W M&P 10mm. Shot one and wanted one when I have two perfectly fine R1 10mm's. Sold all my EAA's in .45, 10mm, and 9mm.

Maloy

· Registered
3,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Check your dot size, I ordered the 2 MOA from ADE and it was bigger than my other 3 MOA dots. I returned it for a refund and replaced it with a Holosun 2 MOA.
So far ADE has sent me what I've ordered in the past and all of them have worked great. This will be my 5th ADE. My favorite is a Primary Arms that they no longer make and the updated version was a 4moa from the 2moa.

Maloy

· Registered
3,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
My sight came today. Its dot is smaller than the 3moa on my competition kit. It fits.

Their max that it is to work on is 9mm
90minute auto shut off.
100 to 300 hour battery life.
Manual on
8 levels of brightness manual set and turns back on at the last setting.
CR 1632 top load battery.
Weight 17.5 grams or 0.61 oz. It is very light and a aluminum housing.

Time will tell if I made a good choice.

Maloy

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Wood Gun accessory

· Registered
3,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Might be OK for a toy/practice gun, but that sight wouldn’t be a good fit for an SD or carry setup. Riton has a decent sight with auto on and auto dimming and a lot better battery life for $114. The Holosuns are more expensive but the quality is a lot better.
Man, you're negative. It's my fifth ADE. My first was for a Ruger MKIII 22/45 LITE. That was over 5 years ago and I have used it every Squirrel season since. It has never lost zero. As for self defense, I'd not depend on something that requires batteries.

All my defensive firearms sport tritium night sights. I'm still old school in this regard.

I didn't buy the TX22 C for anything other than fun and for camping. My normal handgun when camping is a large bore revolver. The TX is a lot smaller and lighter than my AR-7 as the other gun I take. Also suppressor ready was the other factor. In addition, I can still see my factory sight through the sight.

Maloy

· Registered
3,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Sorry it came off like that. My experience with ADE is more limited. I had one that wouldn’t hold zero that was replaced and the replacement lasted just a little over a year before failing and one that was not as advertised. They are pretty cheap and that’s what initially appealed to me. Great that your experience has been good. I think for a little more money there are better dots. I don’t use dots for carry either, but some people do and a better quality option would be advisable for that use.
No problem, the Riton I have zero experience with, but SIG Romeo and Vortex its the opposite as well as ADE. A SIG Romero Zero was going to be my choice but all the 3MOA sights seemed to be out of stock. If the ADE fails, I'll probably will do a SIG.

Maloy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts