Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, im new to this forum but have two taurus handguns, a taurus tcp and most recently a taurus model 82. i shot 9 rounds of my .38 spcl model 82 and now the cylinder refuses to close. i have disassembled my firearm to the point where i cant any further without closing the cylinder and cannot figure out the problem.. can anyone help me? i like the gun quite abit...

·
5,686 Posts
First check to make sure there isn't debris under the extractor star. Even the smallest amount will cause it to stick out just enough that it wont allow the cylinder to lock back into the frame. Also check the front of the frame where it closes to make sure it's clean also. Build up in either of these two area's can cause problems with the cylinder closing. Try a good cleaning first and let us know. Good luck.

·
Registered
29,948 Posts
Hope you get your problem worked out soon and...

Welcome aboard from
Florida the "GunShine" state. :cool:

·
Registered
6,728 Posts
Mine was difficult to close, there is a spring loaded pin that locks in the end of the ejector rod that the bevel was worn about off of. A little work with a file fixed it right up.

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
Could be as simple as the rod, has been unscrewed from the cylinder, causing the star, to be too far out, witbout debris under it. Try tightening it, while holding the cylinder.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have been looking into the 82 & the 66. Quite a few reviews complain about cylinder problems. Some say that after 2008, taurus did alot to eliminate these problems, but maybe not?!!! What about Rossi revolvers? Cylinder problems also?

·
Registered
34,139 Posts
Could be as simple as the rod, has been unscrewed from the cylinder, causing the star, to be too far out, witbout debris under it. Try tightening it, while holding the cylinder.
Remember that the star is threaded counter clock wise or left hand thread.

Reactions: Lil Beaver

·
Registered
10,779 Posts
The extractor rod has been a weak point on just about every make of revolver for centuries. Sometimes it takes a while, but they all seem to loosen eventually. My Model 66 took upwards of 500 rounds of .357 Magnum when new to begin working itself loose. My Model 19 S&W came from the factory with the rod only hand-tight.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts