Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I couldn't resist the Black Friday price on this gun. CDNN has them for $349.99 minus a $100 rebate. I've wanted one for years, even though I know it won't be one of my prime target guns, nor is it ever likely to fire too many rounds. Okay, I bought it because it's so cute. People do seem to like them, so why not. No pics, since I just ordered it.

$ 250 assuming I can get my rebate. That's WAY less than I've ever seen them. Now I need more .380 ammo. I have 150 rounds, and now two guns (along with the Beretta 84) Maybe I'll go crazy and start carrying it. So now I need a holster AND .380 ammo.

·
Premium Member
8,347 Posts
I have the Browning 1911-22. Sweet little plinker that never hiccups. Wen I break it down to clean the takedown pin always reminds me of the wishbone from a Cornish Game Hen!

·
Super Moderator
36,075 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
The Browning is a great deal for $250 after rebate, congrats. I bought a Baby Rock, and after some work it's a nice shooter, but if I had to do it again I'd have bought a Browning instead.

·
Super Moderator
36,075 Posts
Typical for the stuff I've bought from CDNN, it's already on the FedEx truck.
They are that good...always had a good transaction with them.

Reactions: olfarhors

·
8,552 Posts
They are excellent shooters. I used one to qualify for my state enhanced carry class. So accurate and soft shooting, a real confidence builder.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
You know why they are doing all these good sale prices. Because all my ready cash in going to my Daughters wedding. That new pistol and trail motorbike got turns into dress, cake, flower, tables, chairs, plantation over looking the river....
I'll be lucky to keep it to $8000.

·
22,321 Posts
Why? Because (speaking purely for myself) the way they fit my hand is just amazing. Soooo tempted.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Picked up the gun today but haven't shot it yet. I didn't know it was going to have a dang magazine "safety" i.e. mag disconnect. Apparently it can be removed by filing off a little spike on the back of the trigger or a corresponding spike on the mag release. The 2 spikes meet up to block the trigger if a mag isn't in the gun. I'm leery of Dremel-ing off bits of parts when no replacements are available, so I probably won't mess with it. You can in fact shoot it with the mag out by pushing in the mag release before pulling the trigger. Trigger is pretty creepy, but hopefully that will improve over time. Gun comes in a pistol rug with the Browning logo. It would be nice if it had something to hold the other magazine. There's plenty of room for it. Fit and finish are pretty good. There's a tiny bit of extraneous metal flash inside the trigger skeleton that I might have to deal with. I'll need some .380 ammo. I now have 2 .380's and only 200 rd of ammo.

·
Super Moderator
35,082 Posts
See, that's where I'm at now. I have all the guns I can justify with a job to do....carries, hunting guns, etc. Now, I buy 'em because they're cute or they strike my fancy or what ever. My last one was my Ruger Wrangler that I got just because. Hey, we don't need to justify these things. We have the right under the constitution to own as many as we want. :D

Reactions: GhostHorse

·
Registered
36,332 Posts
The Browning 380's that I have handled have been very nice weapons, a bit pricey but appeared very well made.
IF memory serves that particular one is the same size as the Colt 380 originally?
enjoy!

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
I have had few .380s mostly pocket guns of different makers. 2 best .380s Bersa Thunder and Taurus PT638 not the browning might have to take a look

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Pics of targets, such as they are. I shot 100 rds, one box of the new Herters Target ammo from Cabela's (Made by Winchester as opposed to their old Herter's which was by Sellier & Bellot) and one box of PMC Bronze. Had one stovepipe FTE in the 2nd magazine and one nose-up FTL the mag after that. Both were with the Herter's ammo, and the PMC was perfect. You could feel that the PMC had a little more zip, but the gun is VERY soft shooting.
Shot mostly at 10 yds. Didn't do anything great, but okay for the first time with a smaller gun. Groups around 2-2 1/4" at 10 yd. I've done that at 25 yd with my full size Range Officer, but it is what it is. Very hard to line up those all black sights with a big black target. A 6 o'clock hold might be easier, but the sights are fixed so that's likely to leave you shooting low. I aimed dead center on these.

The silhouette target was all quick 10 yd shooting. Not sure how quick, but faster than one a second. I like the feel of the trigger for the faster shooting. I noticed a lot of the creep disappeared after I oiled the gun, even before going to the range. Not sure how many shots are on that target, but they're all within a 5" group. The 8 head shots made a 3" group.

·
Registered
36,332 Posts
I have had few .380s mostly pocket guns of different makers. 2 best .380s Bersa Thunder and Taurus PT638 not the browning might have to take a look
yea money wise the Bersa thunder is a hard weapon to beat!
I have owned several over the years being eventually talked out of them by friends or family after they shot them a bit, only to buy them again.
I now have 2 bersas and they just like the past ones are great for me, A bit large for pocket carry, a bit heavy for the caliber but man do they run well for me.
of course my best and favorite is my Sig 238 which I carried for years before moving to the Sig 365, again they were/ are front pocket guns.

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts