Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got one today. I traded in my Kel Tec P3AT which was a great gun that cycled everything I ran through it but lacked the features of the Taurus.

So I clean it and head for the range to shoot it and all hell breaks loose. The wind kicked up and the rains came--hard. I had no choice but to "U" turn and beat feet for home. About half way there, the skies cleared but I decided to hold off until tomorrow to make the test.

The gun has a "D" serial and it does have the double click with the needed full reset needed trigger. That is the only point the Kel Tec had over the Taurus that I can see so far. The P3AT had a modified hammer block, that was had by a simple phone call to Kel Tec, that allowed trigger recovery if you failed to let it go fully forward without the need to rack the slide.

Range report to follow.

·
Registered
913 Posts
I think you'll love it. I prefer mine over the LCP, which is at least visibly similar to (*cough cough* a ripoff of *cough cough*) the P3AT. Has great lines, great fit, and shoots well. Enjoy!

Reactions: Roguewaive

·
Registered
69 Posts
I picked up my 738 on Wednesday. Ive cleaned it and filled it with hollow points. No opportunity to take it to the range yet though. Enjoy!!

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Greetings from the Magnolia State ~ Mississippi!

We’re always pleased when a new member joins our ranks. :happy::happy2::happy2::happy2::happy2::happy2:

·
Super Moderator
40,714 Posts
Welcome aboard, and congrats on the TCP.

·
Registered
25,027 Posts
Welcome to TA from Minnesota. Enjoy your new 738

·
Registered
581 Posts
Good luck with your new TCP... I've had my C model since last November and like it quite a bit. I like that the slide locks back on the last shot fired and I switched my mag release (I'm a lefty) to the right side. Hope you have great luck with yours!

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
Welcome to the club! I think you'll enjoy your TCP. Sweet lil' shooter, that one.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the nice responses and great welcome.

I got to make a short range trip today where I shot about 50-60 rounds. On the very first round, the slide locked back (open) and I thought, "Oh poop, here we go", so I released it and finished the mag. Then I loaded the other mag and continues firing. There were no more hiccups from that point on. I tried a variety of ammo and all worked well.

Guess you can say I am happy with my new purchase and I will let my wife give it a try. If she can work the slide, (she has a touch of arthritis in the fingers) I will probably get another one for her.

Before shooting, I polished the feed ramp to a mirror finish and relieved the bottom of the ejector just a little to make it easier for the rounds to slide under it as they feed from the magazine. That is an old 45 cal. 1911 trick that is time proven.

The gun is very accurate and here is a pix of the first !5 or so shots I took from 35 feet out. I find it easy to shoot because I got used to the long pull from the traded Kel Tec that I passed along to get the Taurus. The Taurus trigger is considerably smoother than the Kel Tec's was also.

Attachments

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Congratulations on your new firearm.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts