Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings folks. so I purchased my first Taurus recently, a 24/7 Pro .45 ACP. My initial impression of this pistol after inspecting it inside and out was that it was an excellent quality firearm. Fits me like a glove, good trigger, killer sites, apperent quality in the manufacturing, so on etc. Of course as always, judgment was reserved until I actually had a chance to go to the range and run the pistol. after all, as the saying goes the proof is in the pudding and appearances can be misleading sometimes. After shooting it, I can now confirm.......this pistol rocks the s#@t. It's been a while since I took a new pistol to the range and upon leaving could do nothing but smile like a silly tard. That is exactly what I did though as I walked off the range with this one. For those who care I ran blazer brass FMJ's and Winchester JHP's both the 230 gr variety. It ate and ate without a burp. Not a hitch of any kind. The sites where amazing and from the first mag on I was effectively cutting out the orange centers of the targets at approx 15 yds, as if I had been shooting this pistol forever. The reason I am sharing this is that this purchase was somewhat of an experiment for me. I have heard all of the negative jargon that often is spewed about Taurus, but personally I like to judge for myself. I can now say that at 324.95 this is the best bargain that I personally have ever experienced in a weapon of this type, and I've owned a hell of a lot of pistols. I would have no problem paying Glock prices for what I received with this Taurus. I am in the market for a good .44 mag revolver and it's overwhelmingly likely that it will be a Taurus also. I'm really curius to have a go with their wheel guns now.

·
32,811 Posts
There should have been a giant red warning label on the pistol that states, " Is extremely addicting to shoot". ;)

Glad to see that you're a happy camper and the pistol is working out well.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You know I gotta tell ya, I've been shooting for a couple decades and like I already stated have owned a hell of a lot of pistols. I haven't been perticularly excited about shooting anything I've owned recently (XD's, Issued Glocks, Colt). Although they where all great functioning weapons with the exception of the Colt commander that was a little finicky, none of them really lit me up in terms of wow factor if you know what I mean. this one does exactly that and now all I'm thinking about is going back to the range lol. It's a heck of a fun pistol.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I just bought one too and I feel the same way. I can't wait to get back to the range. It was absolutely awesome shooting and once I figured out the sites I was right on. Welcome aboard and congrats on the new gun. Fun shooting.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts