Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I have an M380 and am looking for the simple Uncle Mikes style boot grips that used to be available. I would consider some wood boot grips as well, but the ones I have seen online seem different, I remember what the rubber ones felt like, but never handled wooden ones. Can anyone here help me out with finding some sources for boot grips for the 85/M380 frame? These are the best I have found so far:

Grips Taurus 85 Size Boot Grip Hard Rubber NIB for sale (996671914)

I did try a set of the S&W J frame Houge boot grips, but they are a no-go on the Taurus....

I did try to make a set of wood grips, after many hours, I bungled them up and threw them away, not my kind of work. I had briefly considered "molding" a set out of epoxy and sawdust with some silica added for strength, but that could end up a mess...

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bluedpt22,

Thanks, I had seen both of these and like the Altamont, but not held them. I like the wood, but they can vary quite a bit from one maker to the next, the Uncle Mikes were great, but now not made..... The Altamont is more my price range anyway, I have not seen the Eagle grips give their moneys worth... I have an LCR as well, and the reviews for the Eagles for that are not so great. Are the Factory Taurus compact grips the boot style? I cannot tell from the website, but having the open backstrap shortens the M380 by another 3/8" and that is a plus for me.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I think that the factory grips are chunkier than the boot grips.

you should have a lower profile if you get some wooden ones.

i think that the M85 and the M380 use the same grips too, I think...

·
Registered
524 Posts
The M380 uses the same grips as the M85.
After I iron out the issues with my M380 I plan on putting Barami Hip Grips on it.
It won't be a heavy shooter, just a carry piece. I had planned on getting a blued one while they are still available and seeing if I can put a standard M85 trigger and hammer set in it.
Then again I may just get a blued M905 instead.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts