Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My PT 92 took a dump on me today. Had it just a little over 2 month. It had about 500 rounds of usage. After about 35 rounds, it stopped ejecting Taking it apart, look what I found.:icon_ cry:

This is not the actual bolt block photo (got it off another forum).

Guess it is back to the Miami. I have never had any dealings with them before. Hope they can give me a quick turn around.

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
What a "Bummer"!!!! I'm sure they'll fix it up for you...

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Hope it all turns out for ya, let us know

·
Super Moderator
26,854 Posts
Just mention in your letter: Airwrench, Bigskiff.

Reactions: airwrench

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Ouch.

There are two kinds of Beretta and Taurus owners-those who have cracked a locking block, and those who will.

If possible, see if you can order and replace the locking block yourself. It would save you three odd weeks of PT92 withdrawal symptoms.

Reactions: sparks9293

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
That is a shame, Taurus will have you fixed up shortly.

·
Registered
29,845 Posts
Actually they could have just sent you a new locking block, it just takes seconds to replace.

If properly lubed they'll run forever, if left dry during high volume shooting they tend to break.

It'the same with the Beretta 92 series.

·
Registered
296 Posts
If the problem solely involves the locking block, just send this failed component to Taurus, and they will send you a replacement part free of charge.

(This isn't merely hearsay. This is what a Taurus CS representative told me during a telephone discussion I had with him. He also said I could purchase a spare locking block right over the phone for $25.00.)

·
Registered
10,781 Posts
Not to commit heresy, but the improved Beretta block is supposed to fit the Taurus. You might be able to grab one of them locally. Keep them lubed.

·
Registered
828 Posts
The improved Beretta block does fit the Taurus. I replaced mine with the Beretta and have the Taurus as a spare. Mind Taurus block had not broken. The plunger will need to be replaced and the block initially is a pretty tight fit but settles in nicely after some firing of the weapon. Costs about $36 from Beretta.

·
Registered
9,164 Posts
Not a bad idea at all to buy a spare block, whether it's a Taurus or Beretta. It's the fatal flaw in the design, but pretty easy to replace.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Got my block in the mail today. I'm back in business.:clap::partsin01:
:happy:

·
Administrator
17,584 Posts

·
Administrator
17,584 Posts