Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Super Moderator
40,714 Posts
Just so wrong.

·
Banned
15,276 Posts
In that we cannot treat the LEO in the same manner, he should at least be fired and prosecuted.

·
Registered
5,559 Posts
That son of a b----.

·
Registered
25,027 Posts
That is just wrong!!

·
Registered
5,498 Posts
"The Cleburne Police Department is seeking the public’s help if anyone observed this incident, please contact the Professional Standards Unit at 817.556.8894.” So we can find something to blackmail you with and you will not badmouth us to the media.

"Professional Standards Unit" Now there is an Oxymoron that rivals ObamaCare.

I would not want to be a good police officer on this force about now.If the Police will not hold themselves accountable on something this small how can they expect people to trust them when something big happens.

·
Registered
5,072 Posts

·
Banned
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
"The Cleburne Police Department is seeking the public’s help if anyone observed this incident, please contact the Professional Standards Unit at 817.556.8894.” So we can find something to blackmail you with and you will not badmouth us to the media.

"Professional Standards Unit" Now there is an Oxymoron that rivals ObamaCare.

I would not want to be a good police officer on this force about now.If the Police will not hold themselves accountable on something this small how can they expect people to trust them when something big happens.
A "good cop" would publicly denounce the actions of "bad cops".
No cops have publicly denounced the actions of bad cops.
Ergo, no good cops.

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
Ergo, no good cops.

No, a good cop doesn't just call out other cops. He does investigative work, he has file and facts and he does what he can to bring the bad ones to justice>

A good cop knows that a trial of public opinion carries as much weight or does as much good as using facebook instead of a courtroom.

Reactions: GhostHorse

·
Banned
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
No, a good cop doesn't just call out other cops. He does investigative work, he has file and facts and he does what he can to bring the bad ones to justice>

A good cop knows that a trial of public opinion carries as much weight or does as much good as using facebook instead of a courtroom.
Slightly tangential question: Do you think moderate Muslims should denounce the violent extremists?

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
Slightly tangential question: Do you think moderate Muslims should denounce the violent extremists?

Another question: Do "normal" people of any group call out the extremists of that group, or just handle it internally?

Do hard workers at a company publicly call out the slackers at the company?

Does anybody actually call out other people besides politicians at election time and kids in elementary school?

Except for politicians and people of Westboro Baptist, I can't say I recall any group of people calling out others for extremists views.

·
Registered
5,072 Posts
Those don't do anything.
If you generate enough publicity things often do happen. If it weren't for your post I would not have known about this. Result, I signed petition and forwarded on to email contacts.

I will now email fox with link...who knows? If this bothers you I would think you would do something more than stroke your keyboard.

·
Registered
32,441 Posts
Most police are good people, some are cowboys, and others could work either side of the rule of law. I just don't see any need in the cop shooting the dogs.

·
Banned
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Another question: Do "normal" people of any group call out the extremists of that group, or just handle it internally?

Do hard workers at a company publicly call out the slackers at the company?

Does anybody actually call out other people besides politicians at election time and kids in elementary school?

Except for politicians and people of Westboro Baptist, I can't say I recall any group of people calling out others for extremists views.
Conservatives routinely call out bad actors on their side.

·
Registered
8,620 Posts
Ergo, no good cops.
Since there is an investigation underway the officers in the department are proscribed from making any comments but bear in mind the number of bad cops who have been caught, exposed and arrested by good cops. Just because some people live in a world here everything in their empty heads goes on the internet doesn't mean that everybody else is required to do the same.

Most cops don't run home to Mommy's basement to post up their opinions on everything like so many of their bashers do.

Reactions: scoutfish
1 - 20 of 35 Posts