Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I picked up a copy of Pocket Pistols when I was at Wally World yesterday, and it had an article on this very interesting pistol: The Boberg XR9-S. The design and specs are very interesting, and I like that it is built here in the USA -- in Minnesota no less. I would love to have one, but they are a little on the pricey side. I would probably buy the Bersa BP9CC instead because it is a third of the price. Still wouldn't mind having a Boberg though. Here is some of the info from their website (http://www.bobergarms.com/):

Introducing The Revolutionary Boberg XR9 Series Of Pocket Pistols
The Boberg XR9 series of pistols are the only guns on the planet that give you the power of a full-sized 9mm/9mm+P pistol in a pocket-sized form. The XR9's revolutionary patented design puts a full-sized barrel in an easily concealable gun, generating ~25% more muzzle energy than any other same-size and caliber pocket pistol in the world!

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
I like the sights but not for $995. Too many proven little 9mm's out there for a hell of a lot less.

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Are those finally on the market? The website has been up for two or three years.

XR9 Shorty - Boberg Arms
The article in Pocket Pistols made it seem like it's available. However, as an add on to Smith's post, the price does seem a little high. But look at the price that SIG is charging for its P224 (around $1100). As with many things, we would like to have one, but not at that price. I did however, check GunBroker, and the two Bobergs listed there are going for 2K -- I am not sure what that is all about. I would still like to have one though....

·
Registered
356 Posts
Agreed I'd consider one if they could bring the price down. It does sound like it's built like a tank though. The best part about it, is the reverse feed mechanism giving it a really long barrel for it's overall length, without sacrificing grip. Actually by the OPs picture looks to have about the same grip length as the LC9, which from my experience has been pretty decent. Very small, very powerful, and looks like it'd still be controllable.

On the website they're listing pre-orders, but if you look it's because they are batch manufacturing 60-80/month. So basically you pre-order and wait until they run the next batch. Maybe if they can ever get the volume up they can bring down the cost, but who knows if they've even tooled for higher volumes. Sounds like for the money, you get a very exclusive gun.

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Agreed I'd consider one if they could bring the price down. It does sound like it's built like a tank though. The best part about it, is the reverse feed mechanism giving it a really long barrel for it's overall length, without sacrificing grip. Actually by the OPs picture looks to have about the same grip length as the LC9, which from my experience has been pretty decent. Very small, very powerful, and looks like it'd still be controllable.

On the website they're listing pre-orders, but if you look it's because they are batch manufacturing 60-80/month. So basically you pre-order and wait until they run the next batch. Maybe if they can ever get the volume up they can bring down the cost, but who knows if they've even tooled for higher volumes. Sounds like for the money, you get a very exclusive gun.

Yeah, it could be a case sort of like a Holland & Holland O/U vs. a Mossberg Pump. I would love to have the H&H. but I can only afford the Mossberg! I still would at least like to shoot one though.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
My CHL should be here any day now, you guys are gonna help me do a little shopping I hope.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts