Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I picked this S&W 10-8 from a fellow that bobbed the barrel ... bobbed the hammer .. semi rounded the square butt... The gun has alot of character ... its a imported retired Police revolver... The lockup is tight .. trigger is heavy but smooth.. I still haven't given it a good cleaning.. Just a wipe down..
I ran just short of 50 rounds through it , at a distance of around 8 yards with 158gr LRN ...the pistol is accurate enough.. But the barrel hasn't been crowned .. hopefully that will be corrected soon ..Im more than likely going to leave the finish alone ...looks good

Attachments

Administrator
That's a handsome pistola!

Administrator
Very very nice ! :thumb: Have you thought about a Tyler T grip for it? Thats the only thing I would consider, but thats just a personal opinion, that gun looks great as-is. Congrats !

Registered

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Popped the side plate off , very little wear .. I was amazed .. clean , no gunk .. I sprayed a bit of Zero- Friction on .. Put the side plate back on ... , (had a time with the block safety) ,put a bit of crown on ( brass screw method).. not alot , till I get it out to the range and see how it does .. I have used a Tyler T grip in tbe past .. I think I have one in one of my junk boxes ... The grips that are on it now are a handful .. a little thicker than my liking.. I may get a set of well worn walnut grip panels .. and shape-n-up for the modified grip frame and thin-n-up a bit ...

Over all ... a typical carry alot , cleaned little , and shot little ... I'm planning on fixing the last problem ; )

Registered
Very nifty mods! But, I ain't butcherin' MY M10. :D I'd not mind a surplus revolver for a project like that, though. :D
Thankfully it wasn't one of the older tapered barrels, I would be in tears!

Administrator
Thanks for the close up pics. I really love 3 inch 38 special revolvers, that is such a great carry barrel length, not too short and not too long, I saw one in a gun mag a couple of years ago very much like yours but the guy had a smith put a fiber front sight on it, left the rear sights just like yours, fixed and low profile.....but I wouldn't touch that one, you should be very happy with that carry gun.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the close up pics. I really love 3 inch 38 special revolvers, that is such a great carry barrel length, not too short and not too long, I saw one in a gun mag a couple of years ago very much like yours but the guy had a smith put a fiber front sight on it, left the rear sights just like yours, fixed and low profile.....but I wouldn't touch that one, you should be very happy with that carry gun.
If you like 3 inch barreled S&W 38spl.'s You'll Like my older 36

Attachments

Registered
That's a sweet old gun- I think 3" is perfect for a carry revolver. A skosh more velocity, a bit longer sight radius, but not long enough to cause issues for belt-carry. Nice one!

Registered
That's a sweet old gun- I think 3" is perfect for a carry revolver. A skosh more velocity, a bit longer sight radius, but not long enough to cause issues for belt-carry. Nice one!
+1. I really don't like to get below 3" barrels, particularly for .357 Magnum. My 1 exception is a 2 3/4" Speed-Six, but we're only talking 1/4". Another benefit is that 3" revolvers typically have full-length ejector rods,;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts