Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.gunblast.com/RKCampbell-Taurus247.htm

It's amazing how guys like Chuck Taylor and R.K. Campbell, both long time ".45 only" type guys have started saying good things about the 9. Heck, Taylor carries a 9mm XD more often than not!

Absolutely nothing wrong with .45 ACP because it's a million kinds of awesome but the 9mm isn't the slouch others claim it to be. It's funny. I used to be a ".45 only" guy myself. And then I shot my first Browning HP and that's all it took. Now I don't discriminate. I love 9mm, .38 Super, .357 SIG, 10mm, heck I don't even hate the .40 S&W anymore. Well, maybe just a wee bit! ;D

Still, it's a nice article. Enjoy the read!

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
I like this quote

"There have been very few times the author has admitted anything is comparable to a good 1911 but the safety of the Taurus 24/7 is as fast and positive as the 1911 safety."

I said that the first time I picked up a 24/7

The female pics are nice too ;D

·
Registered
878 Posts
I looked at the Beretta 92 yesterday. I liked it's balance and looks. I didn't like the salesman or the price, but I also didn't like the safety and the trigger was spongy and no better than my Ruger P89. I always liked the trigger on my Pt111 and the 24/7 long slide is on my list. Now it has moved up, and that's for sure. It looks like a great gun for the range and to throw under the bed for home defense. Especially with a flashlight attached.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was debating getting a Beretta Px4 (awesome pistola BTW) because of the 20+1 capacity but after that article I might just get the stainless Pro LS. Heck, I already got the Pro C so I might as well!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jkwas said:
I looked at the Beretta 92 yesterday. I liked it's balance and looks. I didn't like the salesman or the price, but I also didn't like the safety and the trigger was spongy and no better than my Ruger P89.
I've read about the trigger fix a bunch of times. It entails switching the hammer spring from a DAO Beretta with the standard 92. It's a night and day difference.

Also, I've always hated stock 92 triggers myself so I wasn't expecting much when I dry fired the Px4. I said aloud that Beretta did not design that trigger. Space Aliens did. It was smooth and if it was 8 pounds (DA first shot) I'd be surprised.

That being said, I'll probably get one someday but the Taurus is going to be first! ;D

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Interesting link, thanks for sharing. :D

·
Registered
230 Posts
most folks who down 9mm are comparing 100-year-old data using cast lead bullets.

Fact is, with expanding bullet tech, they're quite similar. Shot placement is where it's really at, anyway.

Anyone seen those EFMJ bullets for 9? Feeds and looks like hardball, but the jacket is slit inside and there's a soft polymer nose to the bullet so that it expands and retains most of it's mass. With the soft and light nose, I would expect the bullet to start yawing when it hits tissue as well, adding to the bad day the targer is having.

·
Registered
230 Posts
errm-- which female pics? I musta missed them.... :)

MPanova said:
I like this quote

"There have been very few times the author has admitted anything is comparable to a good 1911 but the safety of the Taurus 24/7 is as fast and positive as the 1911 safety."

I said that the first time I picked up a 24/7

The female pics are nice too ;D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts