Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone out there decided to blue their gun just to change its looks? I am thinking about blueing my 24/7 and wanted to see what people thought

·
Registered
55 Posts
I hae a Ruger P97 that I've been working on. I'm using the cheap col bluing but it looks 100% better. I just hope it lasts.
Terry

·
Administrator
18,109 Posts
Bubba said:
has anyone out there decided to blue their gun just to change its looks? I am thinking about blueing my 24/7 and wanted to see what people thought
Unless your 24/7 is Stainless, your 24/7 is already Blued, as that is the only other finish available at present.

If you are thinking of Polishing and re-blueing your Slide, be advised that it WILL void your Finish Warranty. Resale Value would also be compromised.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Well I have a re-bluing story that doesn't have to do with looks but I felt out of necessity. I picked up an old m-39 nagant with a hexagonal reciever at the gun show with no finish, and the stock had a visible arsenal repair on it. Paid $48.00 even and figured I would use it as a cheap deer gun. The no finish kind of woried me though because I live in Washington state and in case you have heard we tend to get a little rain up here from time to time so, I got a birchwood casey reblueing kit and took the whole thing apart and started to work. After all said and done the blue took hold but no even like I thought it would has some lighter and darker patches but hey I did it so it wouldn't rust, if you have never seen a nagant just take a look at pig wallowing in mud and you'll get the idea of what one looks like, it kicks like a mule but the thing shoots sweet. So I would'nt reblue a gun I would call a collector myself, but it does work.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Yep there is a big difference it what you buy in a kit, which if I remember they call a "cold blue" and what the factory can do which used to done in what I would call a hot vat.

·
Registered
663 Posts
texas shooter said:
Yep there is a big difference it what you buy in a kit, which if I remember they call a "cold blue" and what the factory can do which used to done in what I would call a hot vat.
I've seen blued guns that were obviously blue and blued guns that were soot black. What's the difference?

Thanks a million

JimL

1 - 8 of 8 Posts