Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am still waiting for the dealers to get new PT111s in blue, which is what I really want. As I wait, my resolve is weakening and I beginning to consider SS. Is there a difference in the quality, durability, reliability, etc. between the finish?

Thanks,

HS Driver

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I usually go for blued, brushed stainless or some other non-glaring finish. But there are alot of very attractive SS firearms out there.

·
32,811 Posts
Draeger is right about having a non glare or finish that is less obvious for tactical reasons.

Stainless is more corrosive resistant over bluing and is easier to see if cleaning did the job needed. If a person sweats heavily or is near a humid or water enviroment most of the time SS finishes make sense.

This is going to depend on what your needs are.
Personally haven't had any glare problems off the sights or barrel with stainless PT111. Others might.

I have both SS and blued guns and like both finishes. Just a preference. However I do sweat like the proverbial pig. So stainless guns are my primary armament for carry.
There are no dureability problems, accuracy. or over all differences between finish types other than what has been discussed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts