Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was at the range today and working on my second box of ammo, when I noticed some blow back coming out where the brass is ejected from. Is it safe to assume my recoil spring assembly is worn out Its a 247 9mm d/s with 5,400 rounds down the pipe . Any advice would be helpful. :)

·
Administrator
35,527 Posts
What exactly is it that is blowing out of the ejector port? Plastic, metal, or something else? I would break it down as if to clean it and see if you have any tiny plastic pieces floating around in there.

I was getting green flecks inside my Mil Pro (and shortly after that my son's 24/7 Pro) and it was the firing pin assembly. Both guns had a lot of rounds through them and I guess it was time to replace them, which I did.

Let us know how it goes !

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
That would be interesting to see on video. How long is the flame?

·
Administrator
18,108 Posts
Are the Cartridges fully chambering before firing? Is the Pistol firing out of battery? What sort of ammunition are you using?

When cleaning the barrel, pay particular attention to the Chamber area. Soak the Barrel in Kerosene or thinned Mineral Oil, removing it on occasion and give it a good brushing with a Nylon Bore Brush. Do that for about a week, scrubbing it once a day or so and see if you can't get it to come clean. Then re-test fire using quality ammunition.

·
Registered
3,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Are the Cartridges fully chambering before firing? Is the Pistol firing out of battery? What sort of ammunition are you using?

When cleaning the barrel, pay particular attention to the Chamber area. Soak the Barrel in Kerosene or thinned Mineral Oil, removing it on occasion and give it a good brushing with a Nylon Bore Brush. Do that for about a week, scrubbing it once a day or so and see if you can't get it to come clean. Then re-test fire using quality ammunition.
I never had a problem using S+B 115 gr I have been using it for two years no problems i'm going to check the chamber and barrel thank you ...

·
Registered
3,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I never had a problem using S+B 115 gr I have been using it for two years no problems i'm going to check the chamber and barrel thank you ...
I don't know what firing out of battery means when i pull the trigger the gun goes boom it seems like some combustion flame is leaving out the side ejection port

·
Administrator
40,155 Posts
Firing out of battery is when the action hasn't reached it's normal firing position (completely closed), when the cartridge is discharged. It may only be slight. I've seen this caused once, by carbon and dirt on the breechface.

·
Registered
3,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Firing out of battery is when the action hasn't reached it's normal firing position (completely closed), when the cartridge is discharged. It may only be slight. I've seen this caused once, by carbon and dirt on the breechface.
I'm going to check for that tomorrow Thanks for pointing me in the right direction

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
every thing looks good, my guess is the recoil spring it looks a little bent
Yup and you can mail your spring in and they will replace it for free. I hope you have another reliable firearms you can use in the mean-time. Recent pic of my 24/7 Pro DS, looks at my spring for comparison.

·
Registered
36,655 Posts
Heck the recoil spring assemblies cost like 37 cents, get a couple three for the future and be done with it.
I got backup recoil assmeblies for all three of my 24/7's.
Might as well pick up a few other wear items that you may need for other Tauurs products as well, the shipping is likely to cost as much as the recoil assmeblies.

Reactions: sandman 11
1 - 14 of 14 Posts